Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I found a lump & I'm afraid

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 14 Replies

I always do self exams like they say we are supposed to. I found a lump in my left breast. It's tender and squishy feeling. Then my mind starts realing. I've been trying to conceive for three years. And what if everything I ever wanted is just a mirage? Just a heat dillusion that I can see but never touch and feel myself? What could this lump be?  I feel like less of a woman. I mean everyone taught me growing up that a man provides for his family and loves them as himself, while the woman provides the family and nurtures and loves them as herself. Well, what if I am in that percentage who will never see the two pink lines?  So far the only way I have a period on time is medically induced with medroxyprogesterone or with a birth control pill which is kinda against what we want!  Anyway, what should I expect at the lump appointment I'm going to have to make? if it matters I had surgery in december to remove ovarian cysts. Anyway I'm just kinda in a hopeless mood and I'm crying. Please help me if you can.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I'm so sorry hun. :(

destiny2nv
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Awe hunny ! Hugs! First of all, it might not be anything to worry about, they will do a mammogram, its painless . Second of all, you just had cyst removed!I you need to give your selfself some time! a women's job is much more then just providing children . You still have many options , for having children . Relaxe, and pamper yourself . I'm wishing you the very best
XoXo
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelbaby8486
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I can ease your mind a little from experiencr. If it were cancer it would be hard like a pebble and non movable. Its probably a cyst hun. Those can come and go with hormone changes. I woukd still go get it checked out. Stay positi ve and you will get your bfp :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HW614
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM

majority of lumps found are harmless, hun. Try to relax.

Hope everything goes well for you!

Lovebugbaby
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I hope everything turns out okay. I know personally I would be freaking, but I freak out over the slightest pain lol but like what the previous posters said, a lot of lumps turn out to be nothing. =)

And who knows, maybe all the focus on the long it will take your mind off of TTC and you might get your bfp!

I know what you mean about feeling inadequate though. I felt like that for several months. I had a miscarriage and then it took 13 months to finally conceive. I totally felt like a failure, but I wasn't, and neither are you. It will happen 1 way or another. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRodriquez10
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM

My OBGYN found a lump in my breast right before xmas. I was so scared but when i went to get a mammogram done it turned out to be just fat and they found nothing irregular with it.

I have also been trying to conceive for over a year and had 4 fibroids removed 2 weeks ago. I am in good health still. Try not to worry so much and most likely everything will be fine.

God bless.

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Try not to stress hon
You'll def want to get it checked out, but it could be a lot of things

My doc found a lump...turns out it was just a cyst and it'll go away on its own

squishy is a good sign...tumors are usually hard like a marble

wantthatbaby46
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I get tender lumps just prior to PMS every month.  I had a mammogram and they said everything was fine...polycystic fibor-something lol.  It's normal.  My ob/gyn said it's more concerning if it's hard, unmovable, and NOT painful. :) Get it checked out, but try not to worry!

K3lly94
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I had a lump in my right breast about 6 months ago it had me scared to death. It was just a cyst.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. Several years ago I found several little lumps in my right breast and I was so scared. I went to the gyno and she felt them and said she thought they were cyst and asked me if I drank a lot of caffeine and at the time I did and she was pretty sure that was the cause. She sent me to get an ultra sound done and the horror I felt while the tech was doing it was the worse I think I have been through. She called the doc in to look over the results and he said they were cyst and not cancer. Good luck to you and sending tons of prayers and well wishes your way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)