Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovulation!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 4 Replies

ok so this may be a silly question but whatever. I have the mirena and I will be getting it removed on Feb. 12. My husband and I would like to start trying to have another baby. We have two girls right now and would love to have a boy (regardless we will be having another one) but did some research and seen that if you have sex on the day you ovulate your chances for a boy are greater. I was wondering if anyone ever heard of this or even tried it.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
joshnethansmom2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

hmm i have no idea, i have 2 boys just on luck, hoping for a girl....so here's luck for a boy for you guys

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM

That is supposed to work, but you can't have sex too much before ovulation, either.  Which makes it tricky.

I would suggest starting with charting your temps so you can see when you ovulate.  If you always O the same day, it'll be easier to time sex.

xtriciax
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM

yes it does increase your chances but there is no 100% fool proof way goodluck hun

crystal1213
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM

What is your temp when you ovulate. Does it go up a few degrees? I was going to buy an ovulation test and start checking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)