Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evening primrose oil *Edit*

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I have started taking 3000mg since af came on the 25. We will see if it helps with my cm in a few day. But I was really excited when my normally 7 day long period was only 4 days long! It was also very light compared to how it normally is! Lol I am SOOOO going to take this stuff daily after this next pregnancy. It's great! Just thought I'd share.

Edit- So it didn't get me pregnant this cycle, but I don't think it DIDN'T do it's job. I had a TON more cm, it was just very thick, maybe I'll try mucinex too this cycle. Also, my period was very light and I'm pretty much done, three days early, so that isn't a bad thing. I just wanted to share my experience with EPO.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Am going to start EPO after AF cos am taking Soy Isoflavone. Don't know if am supposed to be taking the two together. Is 3000 the correct dosage or where did you get your dosage from? Am confused on the proper dosage and will like to know.
morro
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I also take that.  The directions comes on the bottle.

SaGe_Ed
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I'm taking EPO this cycle to help with cm.  Taking Soy as well, my midwife told me it would naturally help shorten my 35-38 day cycles and hopefully have me o-ing before day 21-25.  She said it's fine to take them together, but I would ask your doctor if you're unsure.  I take the recommended dose of EPO that's on the bottle, which I believe is 1000mg a day.

Quoting WOFFT:

Am going to start EPO after AF cos am taking Soy Isoflavone. Don't know if am supposed to be taking the two together. Is 3000 the correct dosage or where did you get your dosage from? Am confused on the proper dosage and will like to know.

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Quoting WOFFT:

I bought the meijer brand and the pills are 1000 mg each and it says take 3 tines daily. I also talked to my OB before I bought it and he said 1500 to 3000 mg and that it wouldn't hurt to try. Lol
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Thanks. I just got home and checked the dosage on mine and its 2-3caps of the 500mg. So am going with 3caps which is 1500mg total per day.

Quoting sjenkins8208:

Quoting WOFFT:

I bought the meijer brand and the pills are 1000 mg each and it says take 3 tines daily. I also talked to my OB before I bought it and he said 1500 to 3000 mg and that it wouldn't hurt to try. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Thanks. My dosage says 2-3caps of 500 per day so am going with 3 = 1500mg. Today is CD 3 so I've started right away. Whats your Soy Iso dosage, what days are you taking it and where are you at in your cycle?

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

I'm taking EPO this cycle to help with cm.  Taking Soy as well, my midwife told me it would naturally help shorten my 35-38 day cycles and hopefully have me o-ing before day 21-25.  She said it's fine to take them together, but I would ask your doctor if you're unsure.  I take the recommended dose of EPO that's on the bottle, which I believe is 1000mg a day.

Quoting WOFFT:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaGe_Ed
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I'm on 100mg (well, really 102mg cuz of the wacky 34 mg dose my capsules have, but close enough) for cd 1-5.  I'm on cd 3 right now and so far so good.  I'm not really having any of the side effects I've heard about or anything.  What dose of SI are you on? 

Quoting WOFFT:

Thanks. My dosage says 2-3caps of 500 per day so am going with 3 = 1500mg. Today is CD 3 so I've started right away. Whats your Soy Iso dosage, what days are you taking it and where are you at in your cycle?

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Quoting WOFFT:

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Quoting SaGe_Ed:

My Soy Iso dosage is :
CD 2 - 6: 100,150,150, 200, 200. My pills are in 25mg so am doing 25mg increments.
EPO: 1500mg. My pills are 500mg so I take 1 Capsule 3times a day (started yesternite 31/01/13 with 1000 though)
Am on CD4 today 1st Feb 2013. I've also not had any side effects from Soy Iso, probably because I take very close to bedtime. Happy New Month of Fruitfulness. I pray that we are more fruitful this month and get our healthy BFP's.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)