• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your cycle changed??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

I will be 27 in July and my cycles have always been the same unless I was on BC. So the cycle before this past one was my first cycle off of my last round of BC pills. It was 35 days long. This past cycle (just started CD 4) was 26 days. 26 days is early for me. I'm normally 28 earliest and 30 latest.

Do you think my cycle is starting to change with age? I've heard some say their cycle changed in their mid 20's. My af days have also become shorter. I used to be a 7 day period w/o bc pills. Now I'm 5 days w/o pills. This cycle my cramps came on day one and day two no cramps. I'm happy for the change in symptoms but it seems too early for shorter cycle's.

What's your take? For you ladies older then mid twenties did your cycle's change around that time?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I have always been on BC if I wasnt breastfeeding (with no periods), TTC or pregnant since I was 15 so I dont have anything to compare it too really.

MrsLondon
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Oh ok. I started my cycle at 10 and became regular at 12.

Quoting ShellBeth:

I have always been on BC if I wasnt breastfeeding (with no periods), TTC or pregnant since I was 15 so I dont have anything to compare it too really.

joshnethansmom2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'm 26, and i usually had regular periods except for this past one, it was 2 days late and only for 3 days when i usually have it for at least 5...

wantthatbaby46
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM

when I was younger, my periods were very irregular, long, and heavy! I had HORRIBLE cramps!  I got on BC at 18 and that regulated my periods.  They started getting irregular again at 27, so I got the mirena.  Still had weird periods on that and got off the mirena in August.  Now, my periods are more regular but my pms symptoms are completely different lol  I don't know if it's due to the fact that I've been on some type of bc for over 10 years or just cuz I'm 31. who knows? Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)