• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1DPO...Did what we could, and now we wait....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

First I have to say I love my husband so much.

After a blow up yesterday, a lot of tears and a long talk.....including a call to my doctors nurse.   We settled down and had a heart to heart.

He felt horrible that I was so upset, and I felt horrible that my plan(iui) had been ruined. It was just a big clustermess. We both felt failure in our way, and didnt express it well.

We had a couple hours apart, to just breath. He had his counseling session, I went to get my nails done and pick up dinner. We went together to Walmart for a few things.....then came home.  Had pizza, and Dh napped a couple hours. He was worn out....from early mornings and our argument.

We did what we could last night.  BD'd ...but I dont think we got much.  This morning we BD'd again, and he did succeed.....

Poor DH...No BDing for a week for him...His winkie is rubbed raw from tryin to produce a specimen for the IUI(I know, tmi)....So to BD on top of that was tough, but he did it.  Last night was more of a bonding thing...Just being together.

So take this as a lesson. Whether your BDing or trying to produce for IUI.....Dont lost focus or the bond with your partner.  Also realize HE is feeling the pressure and stress just as much as we are.  Finally, If it doesnt work 1 month....Try again next month.

I Go Monday for my Progesterone check...Then we'll see. We did decide If i dont concieve, we ARE going to try IUI next cycle.  We are not going to take 2 months off until we have tried the IUI at least once.

I need to figure out HOW to deal with the not conceiving. Mentally and emotionally, and not lash out at Dh.  To you ladies that have TTC a lot longer than me, HOW do you handle it?????

Christie B.
DH(50) ♥ Me(34)
Married 7/29/12
Stepmom to Lee(17)

God has blessed us with a good marriage. We both hope he will bless us with a child...
TTC#1 since 8/2012

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stephyjj
by stephy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

my wife and i have been trying for over 3 years now. ive sadly lost 3 beautiful babies. i broke down this past weekend. because im sick of seeing people get pregnant jus by opening their legs and we have so much trouble. but we just hold each other close and pray. our child will come to use somday soon

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I hope that all you did was worth it! Good Luck!

mommy2585
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Good luck!! baby dust

Michaela880
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1dpo here too.GBY hun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CarriedAway77
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I'm also 1dpo.... fx for you! Glad you and dh were able to reconnect and bond. It is easy to lose sight under the stress of ttc. Hoping we meet back in another BFP celebration post some time in the next two weeks!! :-) 

LGD1024
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I wish you luck as I just entered my 2ww as well. This whole journey is draining for both people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)