Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LETROZOLE?????

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

has anyone ever taken this to o you take 1 the the first day 2 the next 3 the next then 4 a total of 10 if so does it work??? ive taken clomid but not this one

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Eshadowgirl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Yes...Ive been taking Femara(Letrozole) for 6 cycles now. it does help alot in getting Follicles and producing.  I took them CD3-6....1 first day, 2 the second etc. 

Ive never done clomid.  The 2 are about the same, but Letrozole has Less side effects.  My Dr said the outcomes are the same. 

Hope it works for ya!!!   Do you ovulate or is this to make you ovulate?

I dont ovulate on my own. So I do this, then test w/ OPKS cd11-18.  CD 18 if i dont surge I go in for ultrasound and hcg trigger shot.....to ovulate bout 48hrs later.

Good luck!

PATTYMALT27
by PATRICIA on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM

to make me ovulate dr wants me to do iui i had a hsg done yesterday and my left tube is blocked and right is open but looks like its damaged and hes not sure if my tube is functioning so i dont even know if iui will work im so stressed cause if that doesent work ivf is next and i dont know if we can afford ivf :( good luck to u 2

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

Yes...Ive been taking Femara(Letrozole) for 6 cycles now. it does help alot in getting Follicles and producing.  I took them CD3-6....1 first day, 2 the second etc. 

Ive never done clomid.  The 2 are about the same, but Letrozole has Less side effects.  My Dr said the outcomes are the same. 

I dont ovulate on my own. So I do this, then test w/ OPKS cd11-18.  CD 18 if i dont surge I go in for ultrasound and hcg trigger shot.....to ovulate bout 48hrs later.

Good luck!

tristahope
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:21 PM

BUMP!

Eshadowgirl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I know IVF is unaffordable to us. We are going to try IUI next month(we were going to do IUI this cycle, but things didnt work out).

I would take a cycle or 2, make sure your ovulating with the 1 tube before you go with IUI.  Because IUI without knowing if the tube is working, would be money wasted and tough.  

I KNOW I'm ovulating with both tubes being clear, and with Letrozole(femara) its working.  :) Good luck to ya. If you need to talk, drop me a line.

Hugs!

Quoting PATTYMALT27:

to make me ovulate dr wants me to do iui i had a hsg done yesterday and my left tube is blocked and right is open but looks like its damaged and hes not sure if my tube is functioning so i dont even know if iui will work im so stressed cause if that doesent work ivf is next and i dont know if we can afford ivf :( good luck to u 2

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

Good luck!

PATTYMALT27
by PATRICIA on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM

thank u its just so hard to think if i have a 9 yr old how come all this happened its so stressing i pray to god iui works cause if it doesnt i guess ill never have the big family i always wanted good luck to u 2

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

I know IVF is unaffordable to us. We are going to try IUI next month(we were going to do IUI this cycle, but things didnt work out).

I would take a cycle or 2, make sure your ovulating with the 1 tube before you go with IUI.  Because IUI without knowing if the tube is working, would be money wasted and tough.  

I KNOW I'm ovulating with both tubes being clear, and with Letrozole(femara) its working.  :) Good luck to ya. If you need to talk, drop me a line.

Hugs!

Quoting PATTYMALT27:

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)