Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lube while trying to conceive?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi ladies, super personal question, sorry for TMI...

Since having my son, I have had to use a lube when having intercourse with my hubby, since I stopped producing my own (no matter how turned on I get, it just isn't enough).

So now that we are trying again, I am trying to use very little or just around the lips and not inside.  And we don't use the kind with spermacides (duh!).

Could this be hurting our chances of conceiving?  Its been a few months and we are still getting BFN.  I know thats not a long time, but just wondering if anyone knows of a good conceving friendly lube?  Or should I try saliva (uhhhh) instead?

Randi
Wife to Ryan ~ Mama to Jax (4)

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dbcmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Im with you about this one i have no idea i did research and by the end of it all it said was try more foreplay :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SaGe_Ed
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It could be hurting your efforts.  Saliva is bad for sperm, so I don't recommend it.  There are a few ttc friendly lubricants out there, one is pre-seed.  Thats the one I know, I used it to get pg with my second, but I've heard some say they don't like the feel of it (it's too watery).  There are a few others out there, but I don't know their brand names.  Good luck!

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not suppose to use regular lube as it is not condusive to the sperm - but you can use PreSeed. I had the same problem before I got pregnant the first time (now I am like a faucet lol). I used preseed and it worked just like lube but it helps the sperm instead of hurting it!

joshnethansmom2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

neither....use preseed for a lube....it is sperm friendly...and also saliva kills sperm

mama2gg
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
The only sperm friendly lube is pre seed
Saliva kills sperm fyi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lbrummett
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I use preseed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

PreSeed...I hear it works...

Its also the best for spermies and concieving. I just picked some up. You can get it at Walgreens. Its not cheap, but worth having.

MsWood729
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Pre~Seed or Conceive Plus I heard are the best sperm friendly lubes to use

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

MamaXRandi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

THANK YOU LADIES!!!  I am going to get some PreSeed at the store on the way home!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)