• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soooo confused......

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

On Monday night we bd'd Tuesday around 2am I woke up really sick ended up dehydrated.  I took opk's that day that came back Negative.the next day they looked really close to positive  but after pushing lots of fluids they went negative.  I assumed the positive opk was false due to dehydration..  The dehydrated urine was almost orange!  So today I held my pee for almost 5 hrs and was having really bad cramps so I took a digital opk thinking for sure positive.....nope, to be sure I peeled on one of my Internet cheapies and it was very faint again too BUT the urine I again used was almost orange.  Why wouldn't it give me another false positive?  I'm so confused.  Did my LH surge really coincide with me being sick but only last like 12 hrs?  Why am I cramping?  Am I out? HELP PLEASE

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:05 PM

The LH surge could have been a very small window but I am not sure. Do you chart as well?

luchmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM

This is my first month doing all this so it's all pretty new to me, I don't even know how long my cycles usually are......

Quoting ShellBeth:

The LH surge could have been a very small window but I am not sure. Do you chart as well?

lizzybeth143
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM
My lh surges are usually 12 hrs too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luchmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM

If this is the case for me I'm Probly out since I doubt any spermies would have successfully lived within for 2 days while I was sick.  Darn I'm so bummed

Quoting lizzybeth143:

lizzybeth143
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I think they can live in you fine when you are sick. Id be more concerned about not ovulating bc of the stress being sick puts on your body. A positive opk doesn't mean you oed. So you still have a chance! :)

Quoting luchmommy:

If this is the case for me I'm Probly out since I doubt any spermies would have successfully lived within for 2 days while I was sick.  Darn I'm so bummed

Quoting lizzybeth143:

luchmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Quoting lizzybeth143:

I think they can live in you fine when you are sick. Id be more concerned about not ovulating bc of the stress being sick puts on your body. A positive opk doesn't mean you oed. So you still have a chance! :)

Quoting luchmommy:

Quoting lizzybeth143:

I didn't even think of that.......this whole TTC is so confusing.  Could you o when the opk is neg after a positive indicator?

lizzybeth143
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Sperm can live for several days. You could have oed and just had a short window or your body could have started and realized its not ready (bc of stress, sick, etc) it could be gone for the month or it could even try again in a few days. You don't necessarily have to have a pos opk to ovulate. A opk just tells an lh surge is present. The easiest way to tell if you o is to track your temps and watch for the dip then spike

Quoting luchmommy:

Quoting lizzybeth143:

Quoting luchmommy:

Quoting lizzybeth143:

I didn't even think of that.......this whole TTC is so confusing.  Could you o when the opk is neg after a positive indicator?

lizzybeth143
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Google poas add fertility friend they have good info about your cycle,oing, and charting. If you are a reader taking charge of your fertility is a great read.
lizzybeth143
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
And not add* lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)