Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To those expecting twins

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

Quick question- when did you find out that you were going to have twins? My husband and I both have twins on booths sides of our families.  We have our first ultrasound on the 5th (at almost 8 woks). Just curious when to expect when to find out if we're having one or two.

Thanks!!!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JunkYdMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I knew at 6w5d...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RDtoMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Thanks! Good to know 

melissaj3679
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I found out at 6weeks 1 day.

Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I found out at 5w2d!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mallory_nichole
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM

my first ultrasound at 8 weeks

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Its common to find out at a 1st trimester u/s but doesn't always happen that way. I have a friend I went to highschool with who didn't found out she was having twins until her gender u/s. And she had two 1st trimester u/s. Another friend from highschool went with her and when they brought her back in the room they had up on the screen Baby A girl, Baby B girl. HAHA. Anyway chances are if your Dr runs blood work he will catch the possibility very early, if not the chances are good to see it in your first u/s. You could mention it to your tech and ask her to look extra close to be sure. Good Luck

Mom2five87
by Jen on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM

We are only having one this time.... but when I was pregnant with my twins, we found out at 5 weeks. I went for an ultrasound for spotting and cramping and there were 2 sacs. We saw both heart beats a week later : )

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM

With my 1st pregnancy we found out at 6.5 wks it was twins, according to LMP I should have been about 14 wks so it was a suprise x2 LOL! However sadly baby B didn't make it past 9 wks but baby A is gunna be 6 next month.

I have a lot of twins in my family (DH is an identical twin but thats irrelivent) so I am anxious for my 1st ultrasound at 6 wks on valentine's day this time LOL, baby #4 (hopefully not 4 & 5 haha)!

NCJen84
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I have a strong family history of twins on mine and my mothers side. My maternal grandfather had 13 siblings and 2 or 3 sets of twins in those 13. I would LOVE twins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)