Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Midwife or Doctor?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 35 Replies

I am thinking about using a midwife this time around. My first pregnancy had some complications that my doctor handled all wrong. It was a little traumatizing. I then went in for an induction and that was a HORRIBLE experience too. So my daughters pregnancy and birth was an all around bad experience (expect when I finally got to see her of course).

Have any of you ladies been to a midwife? Was it a good experience? Do they help with TTC?  My doctor requested that I make an appointment regarding my irregular periods but I can't decide if I should stay with him or change to a midwife? I would be interested in trying the all natural thing.

Thanks!!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellyesjester
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM
A midwife handled my first pregnancy and birth...I loved her and she was wanderful. No complaints. She could do anything the doctor can besides a c-section. I never saw the doc except once with my first........my second was done by a doctor. No complaints out of him either. Will definatly go back to him when I concieve with my third. But midwives are good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiffani_qt2001
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Good to know! The location I am looking at for the midwife is so nice and looks like a fancy spa and is across the street from my daughters school... but the hospital my doctor delivers at is opening a new top notch mommy and baby center that would also be spa-like lol. I'm a little worried about the midwife being able to treat the complication I had with my first, so I would have to confirm with them anyways... my first pregnancy was just so scary and stressful

Quoting kellyesjester:

A midwife handled my first pregnancy and birth...I loved her and she was wanderful. No complaints. She could do anything the doctor can besides a c-section. I never saw the doc except once with my first........my second was done by a doctor. No complaints out of him either. Will definatly go back to him when I concieve with my third. But midwives are good.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Midwives can handle all parts of your care (annual exams etc).  I don't know if all of them do, though.

I'd suggest just calling the midwife you want to see & ask what she can help you with.

marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I wish I could... but I have to get a c-section. So a doctor is required lol

tiffani_qt2001
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Quoting marissabrookee:

I'm scared of C-sections lol

My mom had two c-setions and then 3 all naturals

marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I had a c-section in 2008, so I guess with my next I could try a VBAC but it's not 100% that its gonna work.

Quoting tiffani_qt2001:

Quoting marissabrookee:

theirmommy04
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Midwife all the way!!!!!!
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Doctor w/ a natural approach to pregnancy & labor ;)

lovinmybaby1105
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
With my first I did vag then with with second I had scheduled csection. That was in 2009 and it was because I had complacations with my first. I do not want another csection. Im gonna try a vbac. I had a midwife the first time around and they were great, then ob next. He just seemed to push for csection. Im looking into a doula to.

Quoting marissabrookee:

I had a c-section in 2008, so I guess with my next I could try a VBAC but it's not 100% that its gonna work.

Quoting tiffani_qt2001:

Quoting marissabrookee:

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I had one in 2007. Idk if I wanna try a vbac or just let them do a c-section. vbac is supposed to be better for you.

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting tiffani_qt2001:

Quoting marissabrookee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)