• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*OT* Is it just me or is mom confession a nightmare?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 21 Replies

Every once in a while I go in to check on what's new and sometimes post for a little advice but to be honest I'm scared to death to be eaten alive. So I have a question for you who already are moms or help tend with children. My daughter almost always gets a rash when she cuts new teeth however she's not this time. She will go so often it bleeds and it has me completely freaked plus I know this hurts her. I have spoken with her doctor about this who didn't seem interested one bit. She told me to give her miralax. I understand it will regulate her but not sure on how to handle the pain and help with it going away. I've used yeast infection cream and it's done wonders but this time I'm worried it might be hemorrhoids do you think 2 years old is too young and can she be treated the same way?

I know most here are probably not doctors just hoping for help while I try to find her someone who will care and pay more attention.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttc1rainbow
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM

You're right about mom confessions! haha It's scary in there! Here's a BUMP for ya! Hoping someone can help you out with your question!

a5hl3yC
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I know I made a comment too quickly based off a personal experience and the sharks have been circling since.

Quoting ttc1rainbow:

You're right about mom confessions! haha It's scary in there! Here's a BUMP for ya! Hoping someone can help you out with your question!

vanessa158
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Is she constipated or is it just really hard for her to go? My soon had the same problem, it was really hard for him to go. I did the Miralax off and on for a couple months. I eventually switched our diets, we now eat a lot of fruit and veges. I even get the fiber cereal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vanessa158
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
My son*
toopicky429
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Is she still in diapers? My son developed a yeasty rash that would not go away when he was almost 8 months old. I switched to cloth diapers and it went away. If its constipation that's causing the issues then more fiber would help, and lots of air on her bottom. I hope it clears up!
a5hl3yC
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM

She loves cereal, I plan on testing out the miralax did you just add it to regular drinks? She loves fruits but I think the high level of acid is what she's sensitive to. She will go a couple days without and then be nonstop that whole day so a bit irregular yes.

Quoting vanessa158:

Is she constipated or is it just really hard for her to go? My soon had the same problem, it was really hard for him to go. I did the Miralax off and on for a couple months. I eventually switched our diets, we now eat a lot of fruit and veges. I even get the fiber cereal.

a5hl3yC
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Well during teething she had it really bad but like you said the cloth and air really cleared it up nearly overnight. She is in diapers, for some reason the potty just scares her or whatever it is. She has used it and will let me know when she has to go potty she just gets stage fright as I call it. I'm worried it might be the diapers we have training underpants. The cloth with rubber to go around. I want to see if this makes the difference.

Quoting toopicky429:

Is she still in diapers? My son developed a yeasty rash that would not go away when he was almost 8 months old. I switched to cloth diapers and it went away. If its constipation that's causing the issues then more fiber would help, and lots of air on her bottom. I hope it clears up!

acook0331
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

We gave my 5 year old miralax and it did absolutely nothing to help make her regular. We ended up looking in the laxative aisle at our grocery store and found this liquid that is a miracle. It is not a laxative but it is a prebiotic and a bunch of natural ingredients including fiber. We would give it to her once a day and now she is regular without it!

the stuff is called Digestive 3 in 1 by Wellesse. Or get the Fiber choice chewable fiber tablets. My 19 month old loves them ( we only give them every so often if he seems constipated). 

beeluv611
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM
My son has the same issue. I ended up taking him to the ER once for it and the doctor prescribed him two tubes of Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream ( USP, 0.1%) and that stuff works wonders over night! It's insane. If anything see if you can find a doc (whether it be her pediatrician or a doc at the ER) to prescribe some for her.
a5hl3yC
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Oh thank you! I will be checking into this tomorrow am. She loves her gummies (little critter vitamins) so the chewable tablets should be no problem

Quoting acook0331:

We gave my 5 year old miralax and it did absolutely nothing to help make her regular. We ended up looking in the laxative aisle at our grocery store and found this liquid that is a miracle. It is not a laxative but it is a prebiotic and a bunch of natural ingredients including fiber. We would give it to her once a day and now she is regular without it!

the stuff is called Digestive 3 in 1 by Wellesse. Or get the Fiber choice chewable fiber tablets. My 19 month old loves them ( we only give them every so often if he seems constipated). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)