Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do Not let Cytotec Kill you and your baby!! Beware :(

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 21 Replies

We did alot of research on the fertility pill we took before even thinking about taking it so we know the in's and out's and the biggest warning on that pill is blurred vision so we decided on that. 

Im excited to find a midwife to help us thur this and everything

Me and my husband just watched a real life documentry that all of you should watch

if your haveing your 1st or another child this drug is known to kill mother and child

It has killed many woman and is band in U.S Hospitals but doctors still use it because it is cheap and easy to induce woman when they want them to have babies according to there schedule i was more than apauled when i saw this my husband and i were just angry.

How can hospitals they place we are suppose to feel safe and happy really be so cruel and all about money all the time this is just wrong what happen to being there for the people and caring about the health of mothers and children now its when they can squeeze us in before they go on vacation

I for one am not going to do that when having my child, We are going to have a Natural Birth and be able to not be drugged and not experience the bounding with my baby,

Having Drugs as in a Epidurals can not only hurt you in the long run such as still birth, loss feeling,loss of being able to push out your baby the list goes on and on and 3 woman just died the paper says

"Epidurals are usually carried out by an anaesthetist who injects local anaesthetic or painkilling drugs, such as cortisone, into the epidural space that surrounds the spinal cord.

But according to NPSA, some women have accidentally received the injection in the veins in their arms, which can trigger heart attacks."

They all died instantly that is horrible

PLEASE check every thing before having it done to you I dont want any of you hurt

zoiespregnantadventures.blogspot.com
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaGe_Ed
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I just wanna say that any anesthesiologist who is pushing local anesthetic into someone's arm in order to numb them for an epidural in their back is obviously lacking in some of both the schooling and common sense departments... 

But good luck on your deicison to have a natural birth, I hope it works out for you.  And yes, cytotec is a horrible drug that shouldn't be used in L&D.  But as always, doctors find loopholes (I think it wasn't banned, just not FDA approved...)

MommyJill87
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
My sister watched a documentary on it a and told me horrible things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

How is something "accidentally"  injected into someone's arm? 

Momto3_89
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I had my old Ob give me cytotec when I was late on having my son :(. Not my choice, it was their choice before using pitocin :( can't believe things coulda gone wrong :(
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok so 3 women died from a epidural out of thousands that get one. There are women who die from natural child birth as well.  As far as someone getting an epidural in their arm I just dont see it happening and whoever it did happen to must have gone to a vet because the arm vs the back is like left field and right field it is totally opposite of each other.

Good luck with your natural childbirth and hope all goes well for you :)

20Keller12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Oh, I've already looked at the side effects of epidural and told my baby daddy to be that on no account am I to recieve an epidural. Absolutely not. The side effects are appalling. Not to mention it can make your blood pressure drop 50 points or more, and I already have low blood pressure so it could quite easily cause coma or death for me. Yeah. No thanks. I definitely will watch that though. Thank you.
Momto3_89
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Quoting 20Keller12:

Oh, I've already looked at the side effects of epidural and told my baby daddy to be that on no account am I to recieve an epidural. Absolutely not. The side effects are appalling. Not to mention it can make your blood pressure drop 50 points or more, and I already have low blood pressure so it could quite easily cause coma or death for me. Yeah. No thanks. I definitely will watch that though. Thank you.

i also have low blood pressure but just for the record, I had an epi before and never has my BP dropped significantly due to the epidural. :) but I respect the decision u made to not get one, just wanted to say :)
.Peaches.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Ehhh....not everyone has the option of having a natural birth. I've had 1 epi and 2 spinals...I've never had any problems during birth, recovery, or post-partum.

You know that natural childbirth can kill too, right? Its not really about what method you chose to bring the child into the world, as long as mother and baby are safe.

happy41ce
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Um I'm on baby #5 and I've had Epi every time..no issues at All. Thanks for the info but ill stick to what I'm happy with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM

As for the Cytotec (brand name) aka Misoprostol (generic), I agree, this drug is very dangerous, should not be used by pregnant women.  It is labeled for use only for Ulcers, it's manufacture does not back it's use for anything except that use.  I was given that drug to induce a stillbirth, June 2012.  Yes, my baby was already dead, but I was not.  Soon after my second dose, at the 6 hour mark of my induction, I began gushing large amounts of blood and clots...later weighed to be 7 1/2 pounds worth.  I was hemorrhaging, and was rushed back for emergency surgery.  Hours later, I was helped to the bathroom, so that they could remove my Foley bulb, and I passed out...I ended up getting a blood transfusion.  I spent 5 days in the hospital...  Unlike Pitocin, which can be turned up, turned down, or turned off...once the Cytotec is in your body, you have to weather the storm until the drug is metabolized.  It wasn't until a few days after I got home that I found out that Cytotec belongs nowhere on the L&D floor!  We all assume that Dr's will do what is best for us, and after finding out my baby had died, I never even had the thought to research how the induction would happen, I was busy grieving the loss of my baby.  I'm fortunate to still have my Uterus, I'm lucky to have my life.  I'm very fortunate to have been induced in a hospital setting...Over and over I read about women being Rx'd Cytotec to help a stalled miscarriage along.  I share my story, and get the same response, that they trust their Doctor....Well, I did too.  But guess what, Doctors "Practice" medicine.  Don't let them practice on you, and use a drug for a purpose the manufacture does not endorse, you may pay with your life, your uterus, and/or your baby! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)