Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is ALL ewcm fertile?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have had ewcm for six days already! From cd 9 to Cd 15 (today) I usually only have it a day or two around my ovulation day which is normally Cd 15.. my. Cycles are normally 28 days. But last month was 31..

What is going on?

I am confused on which day I am ovulating on. Lol. I don't take temps and ive never checked my cervix. Should I?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
20Keller12
by Michael on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

As far as all of it being fertile - no idea. But checking your cervix is a very good idea. And so is temping.

momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

oooh, I have no idea but thats a great question. Heres a bump hoping someone knows GL

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say no. Just because you have EWCM doesnt mean you are fertile. You are only fertile around your O day and you can get EWCM at other times in your cycle - it is just most helpful around O

AmandaN1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Technically no. But with that being said...

Your body will produce it when the hormones surges and anticipates releasing an egg. Then for one reason or another it may not release the egg..  SO the CM itself is helpful in getting the sperm to the egg. It is not what decides your fertile phase.  

Also, have you been BD'ing a lot more than normal? It is kinda easy to mistake CM for left over semen.  They are both clear and slippery but only EWCM is very stretchy and should hang around the whole day.  

Charting CP is a great way to cross check other symptoms. I definitely suggest giving it a try. You would do so once in the morning.  Check out fertilityfriend.com they have an awesome FAQ section that has how to check your CP and what to look for. :)

xtriciax
by tricia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

ewcm is just fertile cm-just the most friendly cm to sperm.. it does not mean that you yourself are fertile at that time. some ppl dont O and still get ewcm. some ppl O and never get ewcm. 

miss_galvan03
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I guess I should check my cervix.. My cycle was crazy last month and this month ''/ Today my cm is very sticky so, I would say that I am o today since that's what my fertility friend says. lol.. 

We havent bd since monday so, Im sure its cm.. So confusing! LOL Thank you though :D

Quoting AmandaN1:

Technically no. But with that being said...

Your body will produce it when the hormones surges and anticipates releasing an egg. Then for one reason or another it may not release the egg..  SO the CM itself is helpful in getting the sperm to the egg. It is not what decides your fertile phase.  

Also, have you been BD'ing a lot more than normal? It is kinda easy to mistake CM for left over semen.  They are both clear and slippery but only EWCM is very stretchy and should hang around the whole day.  

Charting CP is a great way to cross check other symptoms. I definitely suggest giving it a try. You would do so once in the morning.  Check out fertilityfriend.com they have an awesome FAQ section that has how to check your CP and what to look for. :)

SummersMom06
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Check your cervix it isnt hard at all also i would buy the OPK's so you know exactly which day you O

AmandaN1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Not to be Debbie Downer, but OPKs wont tell you exactly when you O either. They tell you the day your LH is surging. Ovulation occurs 12-36 hours later, or at times not at all. Our bodies are VERY picky about things lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad you asked this, very helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured