Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Out of the game for awhile :(

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 9 Replies

So, I finally got the call from my GYN that I knew was coming:  I tested HPV+ back in '99 and have only had 1 negative pap since.  I've had a million colposcopies and LEEPS.  After the last one the gyn said he would recommend a hysterectomy at this point.  We have one child and I really wanted to try for one more, so he said go for it and as soon as I pop that one out we're going to start planning.  I'm devastated.  

So of course they called yesterday and said I have to have another colpo.  I'm just sick.  Aside from postponing our ttc for about 2 cycles I have HORRIBLE anxiety when it comes to these things.  (My first one was horrible with a gyn that was rough and didn't prepare me for what he was doing.)  I'm sick to my stomach over it. 

The only positive is that my son was conceived after my last LEEP.  DH says it's because I had my "pipes cleaned out."  (They actually remove the cervix, so maybe it opened the door to let the swimmers in.  

Any good vibes would be appreciated.  Thanks girls. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM

OH :( I am sorry you will be out for a few cycles but hopefully you get back in the saddle (or sack) really quick after your next proceedure!

bookworm97
by Kelly on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Aw, I'm sorry. I tested positive back in 1999 myself. I had laser done and have been lucky to never have an abnormal pap since. I'm sorry you're going thru this. Hopefully your Gyn will do a good, and gentle, job and you can have one more baby. Fx, gl, and ((hugs))
waitingmommy12
by Eva on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry you have to go through this I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. My prayers are with you. Hopefully they are more gentle this time and it really does get you that bfp you've been waiting for. Gl

Rushn311
by Cindy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

GL hun!!!

dizziestdream
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I'm so sorry! (((HUGS)))

CarriedAway77
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Good luck!

DaconosMommy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Im sorry. Good luck.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I am so sorry hun, I know the colposcopies stink, I had an abnormal pap once so I had to have a colp done, luckily it came back - for HPV so then I got the gardasil shots............I know soooo many people who have HPV, its really a shame how rapidly it spreads since men have no symptoms.

I really hope everything goes smoothly so you can have another healthy baby before you have to do anything perminent sweet heart HUGS!!!

supermillerMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM
They told me on the phone only about 25% of cases return. So the fact that mine keeps coming back again and again probably means I'm never going to get rid of it. Aside from the ttc issue I have really strong feelings about having a hysterectomy. I've always had horrible periods so you'd think I'd be happy to get rid of the thing but even with one more baby it signifies the end. I dreamt of having a house full of kids and that's just the reality check that I MIGHT have one more but I'll never have the whole slew I was hoping for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)