Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

about YOUR ovulation..

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 21 Replies
Can you really tell what side your egg comes from?? I have twinges on both sides. So I can't.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acook0331
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I can't. I get twinges on both sides too. Have someone push on your ovaries...lol. My doctor did during a pelvic and it hurt on my right so she said that must be the side I ovulated on.

gump
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Normally I don't ovulate but the last 2 cycles I have had terrible O pains on the left side only so I figure that is the side I would be Oing from.  Unfortunately for me, like I said I normally dont O...but I gear up for it.  Last month for example, I had a TON of O pain but didn't have enough of an LH surge to pop the follie.  :(  

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Idk if I want to know that bad. lol

Quoting acook0331:

I can't. I get twinges on both sides too. Have someone push on your ovaries...lol. My doctor did during a pelvic and it hurt on my rut so she said that must be the side I ovulated on.

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
how do you know you don't o?

Quoting gump:

Normally I don't ovulate but the last 2 cycles I have had terrible O pains on the left side only so I figure that is the side I would be Oing from.  Unfortunately for me, like I said I normally dont O...but I gear up for it.  Last month for example, I had a TON of O pain but didn't have enough of an LH surge to pop the follie.  :(  

gump
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I've only once ever gotten a positive opk based on my lh surge. I also get blood work done to determine that I don't ovulate and have had ultrasound to show the same. I'm currently doing injection stim meds and a trigger to force O. In the last 2 years, I've only ovulated 2 times.

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting gump:

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM
do your temps drop?

Quoting gump:

I've only once ever gotten a positive opk based on my lh surge. I also get blood work done to determine that I don't ovulate and have had ultrasound to show the same. I'm currently doing injection stim meds and a trigger to force O. In the last 2 years, I've only ovulated 2 times.

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting gump:

gump
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Quoting So_Devious20:

do your temps drop?

Nope, I get a small increase and it holds for 14 days and then drops and AF starts like a normal cycle would.  We can't figure out why I don't surge enough to pop the follicle, but everything else in the cycle is normal.  My temps are never very high though.

So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope they get it figured out. or at least get you something that will make you ovulate

Quoting gump:

Quoting So_Devious20:

do your temps drop?

Nope, I get a small increase and it holds for 14 days and then drops and AF starts like a normal cycle would.  We can't figure out why I don't surge enough to pop the follicle, but everything else in the cycle is normal.  My temps are never very high though.

tristahope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I can't cause I hurt all over when I O... 

Lindyjf
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Usually I can't really tell, but sometimes I will feel it more on one side.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN