Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

What to ask the doctor?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have an appointment Thursday the 7Th. I'm getting the results of my thyroid test. I want to talk to her about my cycles. They are always irregular with heavy bleeding, really bad cramps, and lower back pain every cycle. I wanted to talk to her about possibly having endometriosis. I'm just wondering what kind of questions to ask her? Could it be something else other than endometriosis? Also I am only getting the results to the test and to try and find out why I am always so exhausted. I have an appointment at the end of Feb to get a pap and physical. Should I wait til that appointment to talk to her about it or do it Thursday?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM

If it were me I would go ahead and bring it up on Thurs so then that way she can get whatever other test you may need lined up for you to take. I am not sure what test you had done so far but you may ask about getting an HSG to see how your tubes look and if they are open then since you think you may have endo. ask to see what she says about having laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy done. I had these test done to make sure I didnt have endo which I didnt but they wanted to cover all the bases as to why I wasnt getting pregnant. Good luck and hope you find some answers.

DaconosMommy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I had my blood taken to check my thyroid. I know one if them was a complete panel and I cant remember what the other one was called. Do any of these tests hurt? I mean really hurt?

Quoting hypnautica:

If it were me I would go ahead and bring it up on Thurs so then that way she can get whatever other test you may need lined up for you to take. I am not sure what test you had done so far but you may ask about getting an HSG to see how your tubes look and if they are open then since you think you may have endo. ask to see what she says about having laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy done. I had these test done to make sure I didnt have endo which I didnt but they wanted to cover all the bases as to why I wasnt getting pregnant. Good luck and hope you find some answers.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM
The HSG depends on the woman. It hurt me a lot to the point I was holding my breath but other ladies dont feel much of anything. The other 2 test were done at the same time and I was put to sleep during them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN