Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

PLEASE PROMISE ME!!! UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well they did the surgery and the cancer is spreading upwards. Which is not good it's progressing. They still have her at stage 3b. They couldn't put a stint in to help her pee the tumor is just to big and pushing on her bladder so they will have to go in at another direction in the morning. She will start low chemo and high radiation this week. Please keep praying. The doc said she had a small survival rate but we are going to fight it and it's just now a waiting game.

That you will take your body's seriously! My mom was just diagnosed with Stage 3 (b) cervical cancer. It has spread so bad surgery will not help. She will have exploratory surgery Monday morning to see just how bad it has spread. She has to have a catheter to help her pee and she can not poop. It's bad. It could have been prevented if she just listened to her Dr. after she had my brother 20 years ago. When she had a c section, he noticed spots on her uterus. If you are having female problems please get them checked and always do the paps smears. I don't know how long the radiation will keep my mom around, but she has 7 grand kids that need her.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerbellp
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

awww prayers will be sent to u and ur family btw, I m always getting checked I m good so far thank god but,I know some chemo and raditon can take a lot of out of you just hope she wont go through it so much prayers sent

mz.juice23
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry hun, my prayers are with your family!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tristahope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry hun. Prayers are being sent to you and your family... 

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you ladies! My mom needs all the prayers she can get.

Lohasbabyfever
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow, I am so very sorry about your mother. I hope that she can recover. I had a pap in December that was normal but the hpv test they did came back positive so they wanted me to schedule a colposcopy and I've been putting it off and putting it off. I finally made the appointment this morning. 

20Keller12
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
And to add to that, if you happen to smoke, for God's sake get screened for cancer yearly. My mom didn't listen when I begged her to get cancer screenings, and sure enough, she died 3 weeks before I started high school.

More to the point, I am very sorry. I will keep your family in my prayers.
EthansMomma2010
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs and prayers. And yes I listen to my body. It's why I fired my dr and sought out an ob/gyn on my own dime (could have free health insurance) to finally get answers to my bodies problems.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so very sorry you are going through this :( I actually know someone who needs to read this post. My nieces mom was told before my niece was born she had pre cancerous cells and needed to come back to get checked. That's been 2 1/2 yrs ago and she has yet been back to the doc. I told her she could even go to the health department for her pap since her work insurance is so high she can't afford it. I wish ladies would take their pap and mammogram more seriously. I hope all turns out well for your mom. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
2 moms liked this
My grandmother just went through this hysterectomy radion and chemo she is in her 70s and doing just fine your mother will be the same fx gl and lots of hope
Momto3_89
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Prayers are coming from us!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)