Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

14 positive pregnancy test then blood -! ??

I got my first + on a wondfo last sat then an answers 2 frer, 4 walmarts, and 4 dollar tree. Then took to digital saying pregnant (even took 3 an hour before going to the hospital) then the hospital did a blood test and its negative the nurse was mean about it ( like I was lying) and sent me home after 5 hours. So now I'm left crying thinking wth happened?
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
merkitaminasi
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Same thing happened to me except my hcg was a 5 on the blood test which means I had a chemical pregnancy and miscarried....but my initial positive test was about 5 days b4 my missed period... I too got rudeness from the nurses like I didn't know what I was.talking about....its frustrating...and this jus happened a few days ago
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM

honestly idk.

Quoting Haydensmommy261:

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

seek a second opinion!!! i had this with my miscarriage but i'm positive that my progesterone was low adn that a dr listening to me would have investigated further! please seek a second opinion. fx for you

do u think taking progesterone now will help?

beeluv611
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I would see your OB just in case!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM

If the results you were given are negative then it means you had a qualitative beta HCG meaning it reads negative if HCG is lower than 25.......a quantitative would have given an exact number!

I had a negative qual on 1/28 after 3 + HPT, then I had a quant on 1/30 that came back at 20 & then a quant on 2/1 that came back at 86.6 so my FRERs & dollar store tests were more sensitive then the qual beta BT!!!

Dont give up, those HPTs you are referring to commonly pick up less than 25 mIU of HCG, if your digital was PREGNANT then have a redraw in 2-3 days, I bet you are pregnant, almost for sure!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Quoting Haydensmommy261:

Quoting TTC2Long:

First, did they do qualitative or quantitative?

Qunatitative I'm guessing because he said he wanted to check it in two days and see if it doubled

If they did a quantitative then you need to ask for the EXACT numbers because some Doctors will say 'negative' if HCG is less than 25 so you dont get your hopes up when REALLY anything above 2 is considered an elevation unless you are postmenapausal!!!

So call the oncall nurse or lab tomorrow & ask for the exact HCG levels from the quant beta! Your HPT couldn't have been positive if it was <2!

Haydensmommy261
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Thanks for the advice and hope I definately will call and see
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Quoting Haydensmommy261:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Thanks for the advice and hope I definately will call and see

Like after my negative qualitative BT I explained to my FS I had the 3 light BFP so he said to come back in 2 days for a quantitative BT, sure enough my level was 20 (meaning my BFP likely picked up like 5-10 mIU) & he said "Well you are pregnant, but barely, so come back in 2-3 days & it should have at least doubled in 72 hrs"...........well then 2 days later in 49 hrs it quadrupled to 86.6 :)

Also, w/ my daughter I had a quantitative BT at 8dpo that was <2 but then by 16dpo it was 561..........so it can change quickly! But if you had THAT many + HPTs then there is every reason to believe your HCG is just <25 yet so dont panic hun!

wishingnhoping
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:13 AM

sorry but Dont cry hun, its your body you should know more than the nurses , if i were you keep taking the tests and take vitamins and stay healthy so in case they are wrong your lil bean will be okay. also try going to other doctors since these ones were not so helpfull. but hang in there we have hope that lil bean is there :)

ToughLilMan1208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I wonder why they didnt just do an US. You should have just said, listen im pregnant and its been confirmed. Were you having cramping or something that warrented a visit to the ER? If so, she should have done an US.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wishingnhoping
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM

o yeah the other test i heard you can do if you think they are wrong is an ultrasound? i read about it somewhere i might be wrong tho..but its worth a try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN