Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

mystery bleeding*update

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 12 Replies

I was hoping for some personal accounts of implantation bleeding. 
looking for answers to the following questions

how many DPO were you
How heavy was it
What color was it ( light pink, bright red, dark red etc.)
Did it mimic your period or was it obvious that it was IB
How many days did it last 

Im asking all of these questions because i got what i thought was my period. It came the day my period was due. BUT it was very light ( flow) but it was bright red. I didnt even need to use tampons. it was just there when i wiped. no clots, which i normally have.

so i got to reading and found out that IB exists and that some women have it VERY light and some women have like a regular period even some which lasted 7 days!!! sooooo i was trying to see what you  lovely ladies know about it.

Positive opk on the 16th so this would put me at 16 dpo .. i read that implantation can occur as late as 12-14dpo ... i bled on the 29th and 30th ( 12dpo- 13 dpo) from what i read, a positive blood test can occur 2-3 days past implantation and a positive urine test 2-3 days after that... 

I tested this evening and i SWEAR i saw a line but my hubs said he didnt see anything ...that would make me 3/4 days past implantation  so still early for a  mid day urine test BUT maybe?! 

any advice on this would be GREAT...

should i have hope or just call it quits this cycle and consider myself cd5 

2-7-13
Well i stopped testing because negative tests were driving me insane. but i honestly FEEL pregnant. Im bloated, my boobs are SORE, i have to pee every 5 seconds, im EXHAUSTED, and im still REALLY sensative to smells.... i'd now be 22ish dpo so i should have a positive test if i was prego, i think... all of this is so emotionally draining.. 

guess its time to admit, im CD 10, ill be looking for that o :)

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justme00
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I was 7dpo its was very clear it was not AF. It was a week before AF was due. It was dark brown only when I wiped and only lasted a few hours.
ccoyle4
by Caitlin on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Did you take a picture of your test? My ib was a week before Af was due.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kygoodsell89
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM

nah i dont have a way to take a pic but im gonna take one tmr morning!

Quoting ccoyle4:

Did you take a picture of your test? My ib was a week before Af was due.

tristahope
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

acook0331
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM

It is usually just there when you wipe and not in your underwear. You usually know it is not af.

kygoodsell89
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM

yea thats what ive heard too but i also heard its usually like a week before AF is due.. this came the day i was due!

Quoting acook0331:

It is usually just there when you wipe and not in your underwear. You usually know it is not af.

acook0331
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Everyone is different. I usually just spot brown blood after implantation.  Did you have sex? Maybe something was irritated. 

Quoting kygoodsell89:

yea thats what ive heard too but i also heard its usually like a week before AF is due.. this came the day i was due!

Quoting acook0331:

yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I had IB with my DD but I (like you) thought it was a period so I don't know if I had it before my period was due or not. It was red though, not brown, not heavy at all, lasted a day or two if I remember correctly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I had bright red bleeding with my cp on the fith of jan, ive never had bright red blood at any other time, hoping its a good thing dor you though gl and fx its a bfp for you
kygoodsell89
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)