Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

pcos help

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

here goes...  

About a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with pcos.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive for months, with no success.  I get af, just not always on time, sometimes she doesn't show for a few months(im ok with that lol).  We have an active sex life so its not for lack of trying.  I currently cant afford to go to a fertility doctor so that isnt really an option right now.  Anyone else have any experience with this or have any suggestions?  Its starting to take a toll on me, im 31 & want nothing more than to be a mom.  Help!!!  

ps..my husband has 2 boys from a previous relationship so its me, not him. :(

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I don't have any info, but I hope you do have a miracle soon :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes with pcos you have no clue when you O and having sex every day doesn't allow sperm to mature

You need to chart temps using a charting program for free and go get a bbt and chart temps.

Also use opk (some women with pcos can't use them v because they always have enough lh to show positive) but best to try get them off Amazon brand wondfo.

Learn your body

With pcos it could take YEARS if you don t understand your body and cycles I have pcos and am prego it IS possible!

And I know it SEEMS great at the time to not get af but you are NOT ovulating without getting af so that means of you get af and you dont get af again for three months you have NOT released an egg and can't get pregnant no matter what you do

You HAVE to learn cycles or work with an ob for meds to jump start af every month on time.

Ps about your dh it takes ONE DAY to lose all sperm to zero so having kids does NOT mean its only you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandy1024
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Darlin I am in the same boat as you... I have been ttc with dh for 6 years and just started Vitex 2 months ago... Vitex and Maca Root are the two main pcos herbs to take if you want to conceive naturally!!! I have heard so much promising things about the two... Also add Cinnamon pills as well... I was diagnosed with pcos at 16 years old... I was on bc for a year and it didn't help... I have been overweight since age of 4-5 and can't figure the reason out... Only way I can lose weight is to walk... No diet pills help or diets period... Anyways... The options I am taking right now are Vitex and Cinnamon pill and dh is taking maca root... Maca root is not only good for females with pcos but helps the sperm as well... Better quality and quantity!!! Also Vitex helps regulate periods and it's cheap... If you go to GNC they have a sale once a month its Buy 1 Get ONE 50% off... So you pay $19 after tax for 2 bottles!!! Maca Root depending on where you buy it... I get mine and dh off amazon is around $5-6 a bottle so a little cheaper the vitex.. Then there are pills like Fertile aid that's around in the $30 range for a months supply... Depending on your money situation... The Fertile Aid has different herbs that maximizes your fertility but Vitex is included in it... Like I said I chose Vitex and Cinnamon pills... You can google and find all kinds of information on it and if you need links hun just come to me... I have links for days to help ladies with PCOS!!! I want to be a mom as much as I know everyone else does!!! I am ttc #1 for me but as you have stated as well... My dh has 2 daughters from his previous marriage... So I feel that it is me as well!! We have a bit in common!!! We are close in age as well... We are only 5 years difference... You are my sisters age!!!

beckasis
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
After af comes I am able to tell when I ovulate by the discharge, I talked to a doctor about all that. I'm not consistent with taking my temp, between work and just life in general. I hate to sound like a slut, but I've never used protection, people can spare the comments on it, I've never had an std and I'm married, but even before I got married...if I'm fertile one would think I'd have ended up pregnant. I do know my body, better than my doctors. It took until the age of 30 for 1 dr to finally listen to me that I'm not "normal". Every other dr just pushed me through without listening about painful sex, no af for a year straight, etc etc the list goes on. I'm not by any means bashing your comment btw. I'm just getting frustrated seeing people pop out kids like its nothing and half of them around my town don't even want them. I'd be an awesome mom, they'd have more love than they could ask for and everyday they would know how truly loved and wanted they are. I just don't find the fairness in life at times like this. Sigh.

Quoting mama2gg:

Yes with pcos you have no clue when you O and having sex every day doesn't allow sperm to mature

You need to chart temps using a charting program for free and go get a bbt and chart temps.

Also use opk (some women with pcos can't use them v because they always have enough lh to show positive) but best to try get them off Amazon brand wondfo.

Learn your body

With pcos it could take YEARS if you don t understand your body and cycles I have pcos and am prego it IS possible!

And I know it SEEMS great at the time to not get af but you are NOT ovulating without getting af so that means of you get af and you dont get af again for three months you have NOT released an egg and can't get pregnant no matter what you do

You HAVE to learn cycles or work with an ob for meds to jump start af every month on time.

Ps about your dh it takes ONE DAY to lose all sperm to zero so having kids does NOT mean its only you

mama2gg
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Cm aka discharge does NOT tell you when you o you can never o and have fertile cm. Even MORE so with pcos.

Jusr giving sound medical advice I've worked ob for years in my life just telling you what really works

Seeing what your doing isn't working time to try something new not what is not working

Fyi i ttc 4 years to get to 31 weeks prego today it takes time and learning facts for it to happen when u have fertilty issies
Quoting beckasis:

After af comes I am able to tell when I ovulate by the discharge, I talked to a doctor about all that. I'm not consistent with taking my temp, between work and just life in general. I hate to sound like a slut, but I've never used protection, people can spare the comments on it, I've never had an std and I'm married, but even before I got married...if I'm fertile one would think I'd have ended up pregnant. I do know my body, better than my doctors. It took until the age of 30 for 1 dr to finally listen to me that I'm not "normal". Every other dr just pushed me through without listening about painful sex, no af for a year straight, etc etc the list goes on. I'm not by any means bashing your comment btw. I'm just getting frustrated seeing people pop out kids like its nothing and half of them around my town don't even want them. I'd be an awesome mom, they'd have more love than they could ask for and everyday they would know how truly loved and wanted they are. I just don't find the fairness in life at times like this. Sigh.

Quoting mama2gg:

Learn your body

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beckasis
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why I asked ;).
beckasis
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM

BUMP!

beckasis
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Bump
NCJen84
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Temping and charting is going to be the only way to tell. CM is not a valid way when you have PCOS. It took me a year to concieve my 18 month old. My first 3 weren't planned and my 4th I developed PCOS and it was a nightmare. The only thing I could tell when I truely ovulated was on a chart. Months I didn't ovulate and even confirmed by US I still had CM like I had ovulated. Metformin helped a ton also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN