Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

New to the group!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hi Ladies, I am new to this group I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Lesly, I am happily married to my husband of 3 years, and we have a beautiful daughter who will be two next month. We have been TTC going on 3 months now, after the removal of my Mirena IUD. With my DD we only tried for two months before becoming pregnant so I was hoping we would be pregnant by now and I am struggle a bit with it, but it has been very encouraging to read about many of you and your TTC journeys. 

I am CD2 today, with a 28-30 day cycle. I'm not sure if my body is still trying to kick the hormones from my IUD or what but I have had no signs of ovulation other than a few hours of cramping when it actually occurs. The first cycle we TTC my luteal phase was only 11 days, this time around it was 13 so I am hoping that is good improvement. I am still nursing my daughter a few times a day so I'm not sure the effect that may be having on my fertility. Also, I have noticed no EWCM in the days prior to ovulating, but I will be purshasing OPK this cycle to see if I do get a good LH surge. 

Has anyone tried any fertileaid products, pre-seed, or fertili-tea with success? Anyone else take a little bit longer to conceive after an IUD? I am all new to this, so all your insight would be much appreciated!

I look forward to meeting you all :)

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beeluv611
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Welcome to the group! I have been ttc for only a month now after having my Mirena iud removed. My son will be 2 in june. Best of luck to you, and some sticky baby dust!

marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Hi there and welcome! I'm Marissa, been with my SO 15 months and we're TTC our first baby together. I have a 4.5 year old daughter from a previous relationship so this will be his first baby. Its such a roller coaster of a process because my daughter was an oops baby when I was 17 and it was the 2nd time I ever had sex. Well this is our 3rd month TTC now I'm CD7 and hoping 3rd times a charm! GL with everything!

SAHM927
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Thank you. You will have to keep me posted to let me know how it goes! Best of luck to you as well mama!

Quoting beeluv611:

Welcome to the group! I have been ttc for only a month now after having my Mirena iud removed. My son will be 2 in june. Best of luck to you, and some sticky baby dust!

SAHM927
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I am hoping 3rd time is a charm as well! :) GL to you!!

Quoting marissabrookee:

Hi there and welcome! I'm Marissa, been with my SO 15 months and we're TTC our first baby together. I have a 4.5 year old daughter from a previous relationship so this will be his first baby. Its such a roller coaster of a process because my daughter was an oops baby when I was 17 and it was the 2nd time I ever had sex. Well this is our 3rd month TTC now I'm CD7 and hoping 3rd times a charm! GL with everything!

beeluv611
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I will! And same goes to you. I heard it takes about three months to get pregnant after taking out Mirena. Here's to this being your month!

Quoting SAHM927:

Thank you. You will have to keep me posted to let me know how it goes! Best of luck to you as well mama!

Quoting beeluv611:

acook0331
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Welcome and good luck!

bookworm97
by Kelly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Welcome! I'm Kelly. DF and I have been TTC #1 for 2 years. We are doing our first iui cycle this month.....well, as soon as I am CD1 again. No fertility meds for me since all my labs have been normal and my cycles regular. DF has slightly low motility and a high pH. Hoping iui helps! As for your iud removal, I've never had one so I'm not real familiar with it and its effects. Opks and temping will help you the most in pinpointing your O day. GL and again, Welcome!!!!!
tristahope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Hey. Welcome to the group. I have been trying to conceive for 2 months. I was on the depo shot. My last one was in June and didn't get my first AF until December. Been with my DH for 2 years. I have tried the fertile tea, no luck. I ordered the conceive easy kit yesterday. But I am hoping this is my month to get my BFP and I can just send it back but if not I am gonna try it.
Good Luck & Baby Dust.
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and goodluck. I know nothing about the Mirena.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachcombergirl
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Good luck! We are trying for our 3rd and I have been diagnosed with premature ovarian failure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN