Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you stopped your birth control....

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 27 Replies
Did you get your period back pretty quickly? Each time I've stopped my pills, my period came back on time to the day. Every 25 days. On the mark. I stopped my pills January 8 ( the day my last period started, cd 1). Now its cd 28 and no signs of af. I usually cramp a little the day before af, but still nothing. Also, tmi, I get brownish discharge the day before af...again nothing.

I noticed the other day that we bd (unknowingly) the day I had slight cramping on one side which was cd 14 (I probably ovulated). About 7 days later, I had slight cramping again. With that said, I took a test this morning and it was a bfn.

Any thoughts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMommy813
by Heather on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I haven't used BC for almost 4 years now but when I stopped I never got my next period I got pregnant right away. I would wait until tomorrow or the day after and test again

Quoting samantha4292:

Did you get your period back pretty quickly? Each time I've stopped my pills, my period came back on time to the day. Every 25 days. On the mark. I stopped my pills January 8 ( the day my last period started, cd 1). Now its cd 28 and no signs of af. I usually cramp a little the day before af, but still nothing. Also, tmi, I get brownish discharge the day before af...again nothing.

I noticed the other day that we bd (unknowingly) the day I had slight cramping on one side which was cd 14 (I probably ovulated). About 7 days later, I had slight cramping again. With that said, I took a test this morning and it was a bfn.

Any thoughts?
xtriciax
by tricia on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:40 AM

never been on bc but heres  a bump for ya

SAHM927
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I was a birth control before we conceived our daughter, and I got pregnant on our second cycle. From what I recall my cycle was normal right away but was 32 days, and I didn't test positive until day 33 but had all the signs. I say give it a few more days. GL!

MommyLL50
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
If what LilysMommy said was true for her, I hope it's true for you (and me). This is my first cycle after being on birth control for 8 years... So I'll have to let you know what happens in about 19 more days...

Wait until AF shows or a couple more days and test again...
samantha4292
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Thanks ladies :)

The only sign I have is sore bbs. That's it. Idk. We'll see I guess. We weren't going to actively TTC until July, but I'd be overly happy if it happened now ;)
samantha4292
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Bump
samantha4292
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Bump
luchmommy
by Brooke on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I had para guard and my cycle seemed rather long after it was taken out but I don't know. I'd test again in a few days. You never know.....
MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM

i was on birth control right before we conceived our second daughter.... i may have been off for a total of 2 cycles... low and behold.... positive.. but i never got a positive until after i missed my period.. and my periods varied right after getting off birth control

Alisonsmom07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It took me 6 weeks to get a period after I stopped bc... I have been off since Aug. and my cycles are semi regular but still not back to what I would say is normal.  good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured