Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Provera

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Kim
  • 22 Replies
Should I take this to jump start af?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lashonntae89
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I was giving this to take but the side effect is not worth it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babycarney08
by Kim on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM
What kind of side effects did u have? I've been reading different reviews. I'm scared. I've been Ttc for 10 months and I don't wanna mess or mix anything up. Ya know?

Quoting Lashonntae89:

I was giving this to take but the side effect is not worth it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilysMommy813
by Heather on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I took estrace then 10 days of provera, started my period 2 days after I stopped. I had no noticeable side effects.
babycarney08
by Kim on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM
What is estrace? Is 10 days the average amount of time u take it for?

Quoting LilysMommy813:

I took estrace then 10 days of provera, started my period 2 days after I stopped. I had no noticeable side effects.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alteschulemom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I didn't have to take mine, started AF on my own on the day I was supposed to start the pills (wish I had known this before I spent 20$ on a prescription).  I know that if you haven't had AF in awhile then the AF will be terrible.  Other than that it's similar side effects to what you would have during your LP but probably a little magnified (sore boobs, nausea, ect).  

If you aren't getting a regular AF, you really need to to be able to get pregnant so if you aren't talk to your doctor, it certainly can't hurt.

LilysMommy813
by Heather on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Estrace is estrogen, I was on estrogen to build up my uterine lining after having adhesions and retained tissue removed from my uterus, then on day 16 of estrace I started taking the provera (progesterone) once a day, stopped after 10 days. The only thing I noticed was a crazy high libido, lol.
I'm not sure what the normal is? What did your doc say?

Quoting babycarney08:

Quoting LilysMommy813:

babycarney08
by Kim on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I'll b calling doc soon. He talked about this my last long cycle. It was almost 70 days long. My last actual flow was nov 23 after my chemical. Dec I only spotted brown for a few days. I've been testing n hpt is neg.

Quoting alteschulemom:

I didn't have to take mine, started AF on my own on the day I was supposed to start the pills (wish I had known this before I spent 20$ on a prescription).  I know that if you haven't had AF in awhile then the AF will be terrible.  Other than that it's similar side effects to what you would have during your LP but probably a little magnified (sore boobs, nausea, ect).  

If you aren't getting a regular AF, you really need to to be able to get pregnant so if you aren't talk to your doctor, it certainly can't hurt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babycarney08
by Kim on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Oh okay. :) haha my hubby can't keep up with me now. So higher libido would kill him. Haha. My doc didnt say how long. He had mentioned this my last long cycle but I was scared it would mess everything up.

Quoting LilysMommy813:

Estrace is estrogen, I was on estrogen to build up my uterine lining after having adhesions and retained tissue removed from my uterus, then on day 16 of estrace I started taking the provera (progesterone) once a day, stopped after 10 days. The only thing I noticed was a crazy high libido, lol.

Quoting babycarney08:

Quoting LilysMommy813:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilysMommy813
by Heather on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Not to sound rude, but if your cycles are 70 days etc. they are already "messed up". I think in your situation it can't hurt to remind your body it's time for a period.

Quoting babycarney08:

Oh okay. :) haha my hubby can't keep up with me now. So higher libido would kill him. Haha. My doc didnt say how long. He had mentioned this my last long cycle but I was scared it would mess everything up.

Quoting LilysMommy813:

Quoting babycarney08:

Quoting LilysMommy813:

babycarney08
by Kim on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Didnt take that as rude. Your right. I guess it couldnt hurt. My last cycle are 35( if counted spotting in dec as af) 65,56,38,70. Avg calculated is 52 days.

Quoting LilysMommy813:

Not to sound rude, but if your cycles are 70 days etc. they are already "messed up". I think in your situation it can't hurt to remind your body it's time for a period.

Quoting babycarney08:

Quoting LilysMommy813:

Quoting babycarney08:

Quoting LilysMommy813:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN