Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OT Kinda: Why are you TTC?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 91 Replies
The title says it all. I don't even know if this makes sense but, well, here goes: The question why are you TTC or have a child have come across my mind severally and I can't seem to be able to say exactly why, give a reason or reasons. Have this ever crossed anyone's mind or am I weird? :-) So I just thought I should ask, Ladies, are there reasons why you're TTC and have a child/children. other than Baby Fever or just the need to have a child?

Summary of the Reasons so far from replies:
1. Baby Fever
2. I feel my family is not complete yet
3. Age: Getting older or feeling of being old enough to have kid(s)
4. Friends and Family started having and I caught the fever
5. To have the best gift ever and also give the best gift ever to DH, family and loved ones
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zkmommy2006
by Hailey on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two dd but in my heart i know my family is not complete! I love kids i feel that i was put on this earth to be a mom!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShellBeth
by Michelle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We have 2 sons now. I have known I wanted to have a big famliy - I wanted 5 kids - DH wanted 2. We have somewhat settled on one more pregnancy (which is why I am hoping for twins!). We pretty much have always known we would have another one but the issue is more timing. I think now is a perfect time since I am working for home so we dont have any day care costs for the next few years. DH wants to wait until we can sell our house and get into a better one. So the WHY we are having one is easy - I was from a big family and love craziness. The WHEN is still up in the air.

yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I have one, a daughter, as far back as I can remember I always wanted 3 kids. That changed 5 or so yrs ago and I said I was just fine with 1. Hubby has always expressed wanting more, but we never talked in depth about it. About a yr ago we revisited the subject, and then his brother and sister announced there having baby #3, and it hit me, I ONLY have one. I'm 34, and decided if we're meant to have another we need to try now before we get any older. So that's my story lol.
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

after 10 yrs of ttc i dont know anymore. I dont have any kids though

ashleywheeler13
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Really don't want my dd to be an only child. Plus I want another shot at experiencing pregnancy hopefully to full trm
marissabrookee
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I have a 4.5 year old daughter and even though I'll only be 23 in April, my boyfriend will be 26 this year and he wants kids soon and my daughter wants a sibling. So we figured why not?
dizziestdream
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM

My DS wants a sibling and DH and I have always hoped to have at least two children.  We both have siblings and cherish those relationships.  I love kids and they seem love me.  Seriously, they follow me around :)

KyrinM
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I have two children from my previous marriage, but my DH now has none of his own.  He has always wanted children, so because I love him & want a child of his, we are going to do our best to make his dream of being a bio father come true. 

beckyaj110
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Well I had DD because I had this overwhelming desire to be a mom and SO agreed to start trying to get pregnant. I'm TTC again because I know in my heart our family is not yet complete and timing is not gonna get any better then it is right now to have another baby. DD is now 13 months so if I conceive this month there will be a 21 month age difference between DD and the baby. I've always wanted my children to be between 18 months and 2 years apart.
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Am glad you ladies are responding, am 28 & TTC#1 and sometimes at a loss why am TTC. Its great hearing your stories and thoughts. Perhaps they may help me get my thoughts together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)