Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi! Ok, my hubby and i had unprotected sex, and (roll with me here) say i were to get prego, how long after insemination am i considered "pregnant"? how long does it take? tomorrow (but last month)  im supposed to have my period (or within a few days).... any advice?

embarrassed

*mommyb2012*

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SaGe_Ed
by Georgia on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Well...  from a medical standpoint, the day your egg is fertilized you are 2 weeks pregnant.  Pregnancy is dated by the first day of your last menstrual cycle.

As for when the egg might implant, anywhere from usually 5-12 days after you ovulate.  If you have missed your period take a pregnancy test to see whether or not you are.  If it is negative and you don't get your period in another week, take another one.  If you haven't missed your period yet, wait until you have and then take a test.

Hopefully I answered your question.  :)

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Well gestationally you are considered pregnant 14 days before ovulation, technically you arnt pregnant (making HCG) until the egg implants after ovulation which takes 6-12 days after ovulation (usually 8-10dpo)! Most women test + by 14dpo but a lot do a few days sooner faintly.

mommyb2012
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Well it happened maybe a week ago

mommyb2012
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM

my period was suposed to be 3 days ago :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured