Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Depo Question

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hi ladies... I jus would like to know if anyone had an successful pregnancie after being on depo for several years. I was on for about six years. N off about two years N have not concieved yet. My cycle completely stopped on depo. Now im TTC N no longer on depo. My cycle came back with no problem, its regular N it is about 27 day cycle. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks... N blow me some babydust...!
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM

It just depends on the person. I came off of Depo had a period the next month and I am still trying after several years. A girl I went to school with got pregnant the very next month after Depo. Just make sure you are using ovulation strips and a basal body thermometer to chart ovulation. If you dont have an account on fertilityfriend.com then set one up and they will teach you how to chart your temps. Good luck :)

cnlvigil
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I was on depo for maybe 7 yrs, came off of it for 3 yrs the whole time ttc and I was unsuccessful, Dr said it should of been out of my system by the first year but who knows. I had a blighted ovum in 2011, didnt get pregnant again until I switched Dr's and this new one monitored my follicles closely every week. At 32mm big he gave me the trigger shot followed by an IUI the next day and 13 days later I was vomiting and had achy breasts, I got my BFP then :-)   and im 7 months pregnant now! 

Maybe you just need a little help from your ob/gyn in determining when you're ovulating, I know I did since I wasn't producing CM so an U/S was best for me...xc for you!! 

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I took depo but only for a year or 2 in my late 20's and went on to hav e 2 kids.The best and most accurate way to determine if you are ovulating is the basal body temp. First and foremost I think you need to determine if you are ovulating. Chart for a few months and see what happens. If you are ovulating then there might be another underlying issue. good luck

Dreamer313
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM
I did! I was on the depo shot for almost a year. However it took me 2 1/2yrs to conceive my son. I had to be put on the pill for month and use condoms, so it could regulate my cycle and help my hormone levels. The only way I can think I got pregnant was to stop trying. I know it's hard, but sometimes its the best thing. BEST of luck to you!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsLuciano02
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I was on depo for over 7 years last shot was in Spet 2010, got my first bfp in April 2011 but the pg ended in a MC in May 2011 at 12w and have not been able to get another BFP

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I was on depo for just 6 months and hated every minute of it. It took a year on bc to get my cycles back. We were not ttc during that time, though, so it didn't matter. It took 2+ years and clomid to conceive ds after that year on bc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hott_cocos_Back
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I took depo but only for a year or 2 in my late 20's and went on to hav e 2 kids.The best and most accurate way to determine if you are ovulating is the basal body temp. First and foremost I think you need to determine if you are ovulating. Chart for a few months and see what happens. If you are ovulating then there might be another underlying issue. good luck

Thanks ladies. That is my first step is to see if im ovulating...! Othr than jus stopping depo BC... I had blood work done to check my hormone levels N see if I am ovulating. I have to shedule appmt to get results...! FX ladies!! Will keep u all updated...!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)