Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Antidepressants and TTC?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 21 Replies

Thoughts?

I have noticed I have been very depressed and i want to start antidepressants, but I don't know how those will affect my TTC...

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM
you will need to tell your doctor that you are trying to conceive because there are many medications that can affect your baby and you don't want to get pregnant while on them I have heard that welbutrin can actually be taken during pregnancy so that maybe a great medication for you to try
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
and good luck hun keep your head up
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I was on welbutrin when I was younger. I actually quit smoking while on it too.. I just don't want to affect our chances of TTC, but I need to take care of myself. this while depression mode I am in needs to stop

Quoting momof1want1mor:

you will need to tell your doctor that you are trying to conceive because there are many medications that can affect your baby and you don't want to get pregnant while on them I have heard that welbutrin can actually be taken during pregnancy so that maybe a great medication for you to try

destiny2nv
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Funny you posted this, I am sitting at the dr right now for the same reason. Ttc is so nerve racking :(
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Sadly mine has nothing to do with my TTC... it has everything to do with my inlaws following DH and I to a new state. They also have to use my washer,dryer, shower and kitchen because theya re going to live in a camper trailer. They will be living here other than sleeping here... 

Before DH and I got divorced, they caused a lot of issues, now that we are back together, I don't want it to happen again. 

Quoting destiny2nv:

Funny you posted this, I am sitting at the dr right now for the same reason. Ttc is so nerve racking :(

destiny2nv
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Oh yeah, that is a good reason! I'm sorry

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Sadly mine has nothing to do with my TTC... it has everything to do with my inlaws following DH and I to a new state. They also have to use my washer,dryer, shower and kitchen because theya re going to live in a camper trailer. They will be living here other than sleeping here... 

Before DH and I got divorced, they caused a lot of issues, now that we are back together, I don't want it to happen again. 

Quoting destiny2nv:

DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Wanna let me know what your doc says? lol I haven't been on antidepressants for like 3 years. I thought I was over this... but everything is just.... attacking my heart right now. My grandma started chemotherapy yesterday, and ugh the last year has been horrible.... With my grandma being diagnosed with breast cancer, and moving away from my family, now his family attacking me... ugh. 

Quoting destiny2nv:

Oh yeah, that is a good reason! I'm sorry

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Quoting destiny2nv:

SaGe_Ed
by Georgia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I know I had to go off all my meds while ttc.  Granted I was on stuff a bit stronger than antidepressants (Depakote, Atavan, and Tranzadone).  Definitely make sure your doc knows you are ttc and then they can put you on the right meds.  Also as an alternative to meds you might consider some kind of therapy. 

angelbaby8486
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I got off of them while ttc per my ob and my dr. I was taking Zoloft for my anxiety and ocd and it helped 100% now ive been off of it for almost 6 months and my anxiety is getting bad. So im going to ask ob and Dr if I can take a low dose while ttc and quit if I get preg. if not im taking a break from ttc to get my anxiety in order. My Dr and ob said Zoloft is the safest to take (if you have to) while your pregnant but I still refused to take it even while ttc, but we need to take care of us too. Feel free to message me if need to hun.
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I have to wait until my husband gets home before I can go to the doctor... I don't want to have to take my 3 year old with me... but ugh... I am sick of not taking care of myself... I have even decided that I want to do weight loss surgery, but that wont be for a while. 

Quoting angelbaby8486:

I got off of them while ttc per my ob and my dr. I was taking Zoloft for my anxiety and ocd and it helped 100% now ive been off of it for almost 6 months and my anxiety is getting bad. So im going to ask ob and Dr if I can take a low dose while ttc and quit if I get preg. if not im taking a break from ttc to get my anxiety in order. My Dr and ob said Zoloft is the safest to take (if you have to) while your pregnant but I still refused to take it even while ttc, but we need to take care of us too. Feel free to message me if need to hun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)