Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone else o after cd 17 with a 28 day cycle?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

i've notice for the past 3 months I have gotten an + ops on cd 18 and my cycle start on cd 28..Im a lil worrred that my lp is not long enough.I know before when I have an 28day cycle that I o on cd 13-16..anyone else  o late  with a 28 day cycle n  gottenn pregnant?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mama2gg
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Well if you o on cd18 you won't have a 28 day cycle unless you have a 9-10 day lp and that's a defect and too short for pregnancy.

Your lp will never change so if you O cd say 13 and your lp is 14 then your cycle will be 27 days if you O on cd16 with a 14lp then your cycle would be 30 days

So

If you get positive opk on cd18 you would O
Cd19 of you start af cd28 then your lp is 9 days wayyyyyy to short for prpregnancy to take place
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Start taking some b complex vitamins they can help with your LP.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

yes. and yes my LP is too short to maintain a pregnancy. bring it up to your dr and see about progesterone supplements. A magnesium cleanse could be helpful as well.

kelly617
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I had that issue...I started taking Super B Complex and it helped to lengthen my LP
I went from a 7day lp to a 12day lp and as soon as my LP was longer...I got pregnant

Good luck hon! Also B complex has extra folic acid which is great for pregnancy too

Rachelz123
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I had two cycles where I O'd on CD20 and had a 28 day cycle. I have a very short LP. Not long enough to implant. So I'm now on a progesterone suppository after I O and last cycle my LP went from 8 days to 14! I didn't get pregnant but I have a much better chance now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky1984
by Toya on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM

thanks so much

Quoting Rvg]achtelz123:

I had two cycles where I O'd on CD20 and had a 28 day cycle. I have a very short LP. Not long enough to implant. So I'm now on a progesterone suppository after I O and last cycle my LP went from 8 days to 14! I didn't get pregnant but I have a much better chance now.

lucky1984
by Toya on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM

ok that really help alot..im try that next cycle

Quoting kelly617:

I had that issue...I started taking Super B Complex and it helped to lengthen my LP
I went from a 7day lp to a 12day lp and as soon as my LP was longer...I got pregnant

Good luck hon! Also B complex has extra folic acid which is great for pregnancy too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)