Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I had an ultrasound today

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 134 Replies

My husband and I believe that I am 9 months pregnant. 2 day periods instead of 7. kicking movement in my lower belly. I now feel pressure down there. My breasts went up 2 sizes. But my tests are negative.

The nurse first did a belly ultrasound. She put the monitor on my belly for about 10 seconds and was done.
Then she did the sonogram inside. She did it for like 15 minutes.
She turned on the sound twice and I heard a heartbeat I think. It could have been mine? I don't know if u can hear mine from down there? or is it the machine? or something else making noise?
But she turned on the sound and I heard it for 5 seconds and then she turned it off.
I could not see the screen. I asked if she saw a baby and she said that she is not allowed to tell me. The doctor has to look and then call me later and tell me.
Do you think if there was a baby she would be allowed to tell me? I would think that she would be excited for me and tell me the news right there.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acook0331
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM

9 months pregnant? Are you showing?  If there was a heartbeat, you would be able to tell the difference between yours and the baby. If they would not tell you anything, that is not usually a good sign.

good luck.

keeler_s
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Bump! I hope you get answers soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccoyle4
by Caitlin on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Techs by law aren't supposed to tell you anything. However a baby's heartbeat sounds a lot different
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
x_Starr_x
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM
this just seems super fishie to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karyn9902
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

what seems fishy? me? im not lying about anything

a5hl3yC
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM

What gives you the idea of being that far along? Is this your first child if you are?

Paranoai
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

that is what I was thinking.

Quoting acook0331:

9 months pregnant? Are you showing?  If there was a heartbeat, you would be able to tell the difference between yours and the baby. If they would not tell you anything, that is not usually a good sign.

good luck.

karyn9902
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

cause i felt kicks at 4 months and now i feel pressure 5 months later. i am showing just a tad. i dont fit into my pants or shirts anymore.

MrsLondon
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Hmm don't know. So have you not grown at all in 9 months. No weight gain? Your stomach isn't larger?

headingsouth13
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM

??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)