Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I had an ultrasound today

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband and I believe that I am 9 months pregnant. 2 day periods instead of 7. kicking movement in my lower belly. I now feel pressure down there. My breasts went up 2 sizes. But my tests are negative.

The nurse first did a belly ultrasound. She put the monitor on my belly for about 10 seconds and was done.
Then she did the sonogram inside. She did it for like 15 minutes.
She turned on the sound twice and I heard a heartbeat I think. It could have been mine? I don't know if u can hear mine from down there? or is it the machine? or something else making noise?
But she turned on the sound and I heard it for 5 seconds and then she turned it off.
I could not see the screen. I asked if she saw a baby and she said that she is not allowed to tell me. The doctor has to look and then call me later and tell me.
Do you think if there was a baby she would be allowed to tell me? I would think that she would be excited for me and tell me the news right there.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Replies (131-134):
Ruffnekwife87
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I went to the hospital 6 mo this ago because I was having a MC the U/S tech said she could not show me but I asked and she did. A week ago I went to the hospital be aide I thought I was having another MC an again they did not what to show me but because I asked she did and each time they told me exactly what we were looking at and listing to. Hard to believe this oh and I have done it with each child before that. My baby girl had a shine on her heart when I asked what it was she said it was a heart murmer she didn't need to call me and let me know. My first baby girl she was dying in the womb and the doc noticed it and he told me every time he saw it he didn't have to call me and let me know. Worst news a mother can get I'm sure they would not hide that your pregnant from you. Next time you should come up with a better story. Never leave a conversation you started with an update either because that right thier shows you are lying cause you can't give an update.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4Clara
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I'm sorry you are going through all of this.  I hope you get answers soon.

If you're having periods at all (2 days every month), chances are you are NOT pregnant.  You will not bleed during a pregnancy, especially at the end.  Many women spot at the begining of pregnancy, but the spotting is light - too light for a tampon or a full pad.

Weight gain would cause bigger breasts. Weight gain also causes more hunger. Weight gain causes drowsiness.  <---all of these symptoms could be caused from something called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. 

Belly movement could be something called "phantom kicks."  There is a REAL disorder called "phantom pregnancy" when your body actually convinces itself it's pregnant, and you will get all the symptoms and your belly will move, but it's really the muscles and gas bubles moving around.  I get them ALL the time - I've had 3 pregnancies and these phantom kicks seem exactly like real ones!!!

Good luck - keep us posted!

Quoting karyn9902:

i just dont get if im not pg then why all the symptoms? weight gain, bigger bressts, 2 day periods, belly movement, more hunger and tired. I dont believe that gas would feel like this cause i dont fart when i feel the movement.

a5hl3yC
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Has there been an update?

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

when was your last menstral period?

Quoting karyn9902:

cause i felt kicks at 4 months and now i feel pressure 5 months later. i am showing just a tad. i dont fit into my pants or shirts anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)