Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Follistim is ready to go

Posted by   + Show Post

If I need it! I was originally going to do 3 months of femara because I was afraid of giving myself shots but after giving myself the trigger shot last month I'm no longer scared. So when I got my BFNs last week I called the dr and said I want to move onto injectables. Apparently it takes a couple days for the insurance to approve it though so I didn't have enough time to get it for this month so round 2 of Femara started Tuesday.  If this round is another bust I move onto Follistim though! Hoping I won't have to but it's ready to go if I need it.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Replies (11-18):
Bero2007
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I never got to start it :/ DH lost his job a couple days before I got  my period and now he's a server so he isn't even pulling in enough to cover his half of the bills. So it's on hold indefinetly.

I hope you only have to do one cycle! Why are you discouraged? what cd are you on?

Quoting millafpcosta:

bump for an update! Im on my 1st folllistim cycle and a little discouraged.

millafpcosta
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Ohhh I'm soooo sorry!! I dont even know what CD I am at right now. THey put me on BC for a while and went straight into the shots. My cycles are very messed up.

Hopefully I will ovulate soon .... I'm going away to see my family in Brazil next week without DH so it needs to happen soon.

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM

How exciting and good luck to you! I'm on Bravelle this cycle and really looking forward to seeing if it's working. So far I'm handling injectables WAY better than Clomid.

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Ugh I'm SO sorry I didn't realize this was an old thread. I hope all is well with you and your hubby

Quoting Bero2007:

I never got to start it :/ DH lost his job a couple days before I got  my period and now he's a server so he isn't even pulling in enough to cover his half of the bills. So it's on hold indefinetly.

I hope you only have to do one cycle! Why are you discouraged? what cd are you on?

Quoting millafpcosta:

Bero2007
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM

wow that's crazy! are they going to monitor you to see when you ovulate? I hope you O soon!

I feel you on the messed up cycles. I got my first period this week after not being on meds and it's the heaviest period i've ever had. I was on femera and it made my periods SUPER light so it's like I'm getting 3 months worth at a time

Quoting millafpcosta:

Ohhh I'm soooo sorry!! I dont even know what CD I am at right now. THey put me on BC for a while and went straight into the shots. My cycles are very messed up.

Hopefully I will ovulate soon .... I'm going away to see my family in Brazil next week without DH so it needs to happen soon.

Bero2007
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

lol thanks. I hope the bravelle works on your first shot! shots suck!

Quoting Libby22:

Ugh I'm SO sorry I didn't realize this was an old thread. I hope all is well with you and your hubby

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting millafpcosta:

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

They do and I'm way too much of a weenie to do them myself (I make DH do them). I was surprised that it doesn't hurt tho. I used to be petrified until we did the trigger the first time and it was fine.

When do you and DH think you'll start up again?

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting Libby22:

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting millafpcosta:

Bero2007
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM

once he gets a job back in management. Which is taking longer than I'd hoped. Him being a server is almost like living on one income right now.

I was the same way with the trigger. I was so freaked out and gave myself 5 minutes to just get it done and did it and was like wait that was nothing.

Quoting Libby22:

They do and I'm way too much of a weenie to do them myself (I make DH do them). I was surprised that it doesn't hurt tho. I used to be petrified until we did the trigger the first time and it was fine.

When do you and DH think you'll start up again?

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting Libby22:

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting millafpcosta:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN