Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

So im pregnant....but

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just had a question about "instead softcup" Is it just used for periods or can it be used to prevent pregnancy?? If just for periods, is there any other type of softcup i could use to prevent pregnancy (of course after this pregnancy lol) Thanks. Im just trying to choose between diff bc for when baby is born. Im thinking implanion. 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sheli.bean
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM
You can get a diaphragm. It's close to the same thing, just a cup that covers your cervix. It's worth looking into anyways!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zandizane
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Softcups are just for periods

badgirl44654
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Softcups are just for periods. Im on a mini pill. I love it! After years of crazy periods, pcos, two d&c for heavy bleeding. Going 3-4 months w/ no period, then bleeding for 5-6 weeks straight. Wearing depends for the ridiculous flow. Pain in my uterus, etc. I freaking LOVE my pill. Haven't had a single period since March of 2012. There are diaphrams for birth control but I don't think the success rate is all that great. For a higher success rate you have to use some kind of jelly stuff to kill sperm. Speaking of, does anyone use a diaphram anymore? I don't know of anyone personally. Wouldnt a nuvaring be better?
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Softcups are actually FOR menstration but commonly used to conceive as well........however you can have sex with them in which would HELP prevent pregnancy although obviously not 100% effective. It is essentually like a diaphram when used in that manner only diaphrams are usually sized to fit PERFECTLY whereas softcups arnt.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Its called a diaphragm. Its just like the soft cup but not disposable.

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I have a diaphragm, it isnt bad. You just buy spermicidefour it in the diaphragm and insert it before intercourse lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)