Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

High testosterone

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

Just curious if anyone found out they had high testosterone while pregnant. I do NOT have PCOS. They have no idea why. I have Hashimotos Hypothyroidism, chronic vitamin d deficiency, and have experienced recurrent pregnancy losses.

I am 8   1/2 weeks pregnant in my 7th pregnancy with 2 living children. I know this is a long shot, but this was the first time I happened to have my testosterone tested and it was high. Thanks ladies

* Thought I'd add that I have no symptoms of high testosterone except occassional acne, so I am just blindsided by it being so off.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tristahope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I am no help with this. Here's a BUMP! 

Good Luck! 

Rushn311
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM

BUMP!

Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I have pcos so ya i have it im 8 weeks too

They dont seem concerned
badgirl44654
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
With my second daughter I had high testosterone but it didnt concern my doctor. Now she's a happy, healthy 4 year old.
badgirl44654
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Between my daughters I had an ultrasound for crazy periods. My ovaries were full of cysts. Was dx twice with pcos. There are 11 years between my daughters. One will be 5 in October, the other just turned 16 feb. 3rd. I,dont think testosterone really affects the fetus does it?
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Well i do know you are far more likely to have a boy if your testosterone was high when you conceived..........and if your testosterone is high after you become pregnant it can also indicate a boy.

Otherwise I dont think elevated testosterone puts you at greater risk for miscarriage or anything that I am aware of..........how is your progesterone? Is your thyroid under good control, elevated testosterone can be normal for people who are underweight as well as overweight!

Good luck hun, I hope this pregnancy continues healthy & you get a beautiful baby come September .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)