Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

When does your Dr normally do the first ultra sound?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

Just curious. i'm making a dr appt monday with my primary Dr. but just trying to find out when they will do that one person said they won't til 8weeks. I'm 4weeks 7days today. thanks everyone

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsBell29
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I had one with this baby @ 5w5d , 6w3d  and 6w5d (due to spotting), only because i have had a m/c.  I think most doctors like to wait , because there is not much to see until 8 weeks .  I was able to see the baby heart beat at 6w3d !

Rushn311
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I think 6 weeks is when they can see the heartbeat....so right around that time. My obgyn won't see me until I am 8-10 weeks along.  My first appt. is the 25th. A waiting game. I am 6 weeks and 2 days.

Adamswifey_xo
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

yeahh i heard it was 8weeks at some places

Quoting Rushn311:

I think 6 weeks is when they can see the heartbeat....so right around that time. My obgyn won't see me until I am 8-10 weeks along.  My first appt. is the 25th. A waiting game. I am 6 weeks and 2 days.

mommy2585
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Thanks for asking this question. I've been wondering the same thing all weekend. I am only 4 weeks and 2 days. Yesterday, I made an online appointment with my midwife, and I just wrote in the notes to schedule it at the appropriate time for a first appointment. With all three of my daughters, aged 15, 13, and 7, I had my first appointment and ultrasound at 6 weeks. We had an early miscarriage in November, so I'm really anxious to make certain that everything is okay. 

DACIA79
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM
It depends on the patient histories any problems like bleeding history of miscarriage. My Obgyn won't see you until 10 weeks. I think I had my first at 12 weeks and one every week after due to high risk pregnancy.
xtriciax
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

i believe its 8-10 wks unless there is another reason why you would need to be looked at sooner. im 5w1d and have an in-take apt wed then ill make obgyn apt hopefully sooner bc ive had 2 mc. and im high risk 

CafeMom Tickers
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I was 13 weeks before I had my first ultra sound. But that was alsou first appointment. I didn't know I was pregnant till almost 9 weeks I think. 8 or 9
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
My OB doesn't do one until 18-20 weeks for low risk pregnancies. I have had an ectopic pregnancy so my RE will do one as soon as HCG is over 1,000.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Adamswifey_xo
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM

np i was curious too cuz i'm 5weeks today!

Quoting mommy2585:

Thanks for asking this question. I've been wondering the same thing all weekend. I am only 4 weeks and 2 days. Yesterday, I made an online appointment with my midwife, and I just wrote in the notes to schedule it at the appropriate time for a first appointment. With all three of my daughters, aged 15, 13, and 7, I had my first appointment and ultrasound at 6 weeks. We had an early miscarriage in November, so I'm really anxious to make certain that everything is okay. 

Adamswifey_xo
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM

thanks everyone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN