Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

When does your Dr normally do the first ultra sound?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just curious. i'm making a dr appt monday with my primary Dr. but just trying to find out when they will do that one person said they won't til 8weeks. I'm 4weeks 7days today. thanks everyone

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Replies (11-17):
hopeandlove17
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM
My first was 10 weeks then I ended up having like 15 more after that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armygirl2299703
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:39 AM

My Dr generally will make your first appointment around 8wks and will do a dating ultrasound then.

nicole2884
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Every doctor is different so you well want to ask mine did it after 7 because they dont like to worry.mommies if nothing is there yet am they want. You to hear the HB

But i was going to switch doctors an decided against it because they only did one at 20 weeks an i wasn't ok with that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brightstar28
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I think at my regular OB office 8 weeks is normal, however, at my fertility clinic I had one at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, and 12 weeks.

Adamswifey_xo
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM

thanks again everyone

CathyPowell
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:26 PM

My first u/s will be the 18th, and I'll be 6 weeks 3 days along. This is a new Dr I've never seen before. I guess every Dr is different!

mommy2585
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I made an appointment today. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NJ requires blood work to confirm pregnancy before the first official prenatal visit. I'm going next Wednesday to have the HCG confirmed by blood work. I'll be 5 weeks and 5 days then. After that, the midwife will schedule a prenatal visit that includes ultrasound. I can't wait. I'm not going to believe that this is real until I see our baby during the ultrasound. I already had to argue with the office about how far along I am, because I ovulated on CD10. I'm going to print my chart and take a pic of my positive OPK and hopefully they'll go by that and not my LMP. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN