Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saw my doctor today..

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:57 AM
  • 11 Replies
Just a bit of back story: we are not ttc yet, plan is to start this summer. Just finished grad school, starting my new job in a week, moving to our newly bought house on tuesday! Lots of change, and yet my baby fever persists. DH and I have a 3 y/o.

I spoke to my doctor about our TTC plans. I was always told I'd have trouble getting pregnant due to a variety of female probs yet DS was conceived on BCP. Because of this, my dr thinks itll be as simple as go off the pill, get pregnant. I know that's not always the case. So, what can I do to prepare for this? I am 5'3" 145lbs, should i lose weight and if so how much? Im working on my diet, its pretty terrible because i rarely eat. What else can i/should i be doing? I just switched from Nuvaring to BCP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strangeyfine
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Losing some weight wouldn't hurt, but more importantly would be to start eating a healthy diet- and weight loss would probably result from that. Also you should start taking prenatal. Vitamins now. Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Oh, thats a good one! Any brand recommendations?

Almost forgot, my DS was a csection. I know its a lame reason, but ive actually been reluctant to lose weight. When i go under 140 my csec belly turns into a nasty hanging skin pouch. A little fat behind it makes it not look so bad. I got HUGE with DS, over 200 lbs at delivery starting in the 120s!

Quoting strangeyfine:

Losing some weight wouldn't hurt, but more importantly would be to start eating a healthy diet- and weight loss would probably result from that. Also you should start taking prenatal. Vitamins now. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strangeyfine
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I liked the vitaFusion gummies because there is not a really offensive odor or taste that is hard to get past once you concieve. And they are not the size of horses, and they never gave me an upset stomach if I took them without eating. One thing to consider is that they don't have any iron because little ones might think they are candy, so you would want to pick up an iron supplement once you do concieve.

Quoting abstractmommy:

Almost forgot, my DS was a csection. I know its a lame reason, but ive actually been reluctant to lose weight. When i go under 140 my csec belly turns into a nasty hanging skin pouch. A little fat behind it makes it not look so bad. I got HUGE with DS, over 200 lbs at delivery starting in the 120s!

Quoting strangeyfine:

strangeyfine
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this
And I don't think that's a lame reason to not lose all the weight- as long as your doctor says that you're healthy why is self-confidence a bad thing? Don't worry mama, you're a rock star!

Quoting strangeyfine:

I liked the vitaFusion gummies because there is not a really offensive odor or taste that is hard to get past once you concieve. And they are not the size of horses, and they never gave me an upset stomach if I took them without eating. One thing to consider is that they don't have any iron because little ones might think they are candy, so you would want to pick up an iron supplement once you do concieve.

Quoting abstractmommy:

Quoting strangeyfine:

amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I would get off birth control now to get it out of your system and start tracking your cycles now. Good luck when you do start
Eshadowgirl
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I would go completely OFF of birth control. Like Amy said, start temping, using opks and tracking your cycles.

Get active...walking is a great way to stay in shape. MUST eat...Even if its fruits and veggies. Get your food intake regulated. 

I take Nature Made prenatals with DHA. Its a soft gel and digests better than regular prenatals.

Once you start TTC...you'll be happy, healthy and ready. :)

As for Doctors..they dont know it all. If you dont like the answers, find another Dr.

DavonnaC
by Davonna on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Oh I'm glad I'm not crazy for going off this early! I'm going to try in the summer as well. 

Quoting amy31308:

I would get off birth control now to get it out of your system and start tracking your cycles now. Good luck when you do start

abstractmommy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Maybe a dumb question, but if I don't take birth control, what can I use to not get pregnant? Im allergic to latex and spermacide, and DH refuses to use condoms anyway.

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

I would go completely OFF of birth control. Like Amy said, start temping, using opks and tracking your cycles.

Get active...walking is a great way to stay in shape. MUST eat...Even if its fruits and veggies. Get your food intake regulated. 

I take Nature Made prenatals with DHA. Its a soft gel and digests better than regular prenatals.

As for Doctors..they dont know it all. If you dont like the answers, find another Dr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:37 AM

You said you dont get pregnant easily. So I'm going off of that. Get off of the BCP NOW....and get it out of your system.......So when you DO start TTC(Summer isnt that far off)...you'll be ready.

Horomones and stuff in birth control pills have a way of messing up a womans cycles. So it can take up to a year or so to get your cycles back on track.

If you feel you can get pregnant right away after stopping BCP, then by all means stay on it til your ready.   Im just stating how I would do it.

Quoting abstractmommy:

Maybe a dumb question, but if I don't take birth control, what can I use to not get pregnant? Im allergic to latex and spermacide, and DH refuses to use condoms anyway.

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

abstractmommy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Well I was told I wouldn't get pregnant easily before I ever became pregnant, but DS was conceived when I was on BCP, so I don't know what will happen when we actually start TTC. I know women who had trouble TTC after the first pregnancy even when it was an accident.

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

You said you dont get pregnant easily. So I'm going off of that. Get off of the BCP NOW....and get it out of your system.......So when you DO start TTC(Summer isnt that far off)...you'll be ready.

Horomones and stuff in birth control pills have a way of messing up a womans cycles. So it can take up to a year or so to get your cycles back on track.

If you feel you can get pregnant right away after stopping BCP, then by all means stay on it til your ready.   Im just stating how I would do it.

Quoting abstractmommy:

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)