Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP! Provera and Metformin

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi Ladies

For those of you who have had your doctor put ya on Provera to jump start your cycle I have some questions.

The next day after stopping provera I started my period YAY finally LOL Anyways I have been taking Metformin since I started the Provera so almost a month.

How many of ya ladies who took provera and on metformin got pregnant soon and how long did it seem it took ya to get pregnant if it worked for you???

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alteschulemom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Metformin didn't make me O on it's own.  Still taking it but had to go with Clomid as well.  And I'm still not pregnant.  But a lot of ladies have a lot better luck than I have had so far!
GL! 

Ilovebnamommy08
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM

BUMP!

mysty923
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I have done the provera

Then the metformin (maybe??)  on the day my embies were implanted

Both times they jump started my cycyle with provera - they implanted embies 17 days later and I had twins

mama2gg
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Metformin did nothing for me other than give me horrid diarrhea bump for you

Ps- once I came off of it, lost weight and ate right I got my bfp after 4 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiKaLa881
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I have been on metformin since May of last year. I got pregnant after being on it for 2 months. (I miscarried unfortunately.) It really helped get my cycles back on track though and just makes me feel better all around. I was always eating healthy and exercising when I got pregnant. I think that makes a big difference. I did provera one cycle after my miscarriage. I started AF before I was even done with my pills. That was in October. I haven't had to take it since then. My periods have been normal since December. I'm still taking the metformin and am eating healthy and exercising. I have high hopes that I will get pregnant without any further medical intervention!

Ilovebnamommy08
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I hope it helps me Im finally up to the dosage doctor put me at it was 500mg for 7 days then 1000mg for the next 7 days now I am on 2000mg from here on out and I am hoping for good news doctor says she thinks I have PCOS even though my tests came back normal and i have no cycsts they checked on ultrasound which is great but, i have such a hard time losing weight and this medicine has helped because I've finally been losing weight which I am loving :-) I am hoping for good news soon :-) Good luck to you too 

Quoting MiKaLa881:

I have been on metformin since May of last year. I got pregnant after being on it for 2 months. (I miscarried unfortunately.) It really helped get my cycles back on track though and just makes me feel better all around. I was always eating healthy and exercising when I got pregnant. I think that makes a big difference. I did provera one cycle after my miscarriage. I started AF before I was even done with my pills. That was in October. I haven't had to take it since then. My periods have been normal since December. I'm still taking the metformin and am eating healthy and exercising. I have high hopes that I will get pregnant without any further medical intervention!

Ilovebnamommy08
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM

BUMP!

Ilovebnamommy08
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM

BUMP!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I was on Met for 6 mns prior to getting pregnant. I guess the met helped, but I also started losing my hair. So I wont ever go back on it again!! Hopefully it works quickly for you!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I conceived 8m after starting metformin, after being on it 4m I ovulated on my own but my progesterone was low so I tried clomid twice & then femara twice, I finally conceived my 2nd month on femara w/ a great progesterone level.

Metformin typically takes 3-4m to really work for most women w/ PCOS, my FS said not to expect noticable results/changes for at least 4m.

I conceived my 2nd & 3rd babies on Clomid alone, 1st rounds both times. I conceived my 1st baby naturally so each time TTC has been different for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)