Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does % chance of getting pregnant increase with the number of mature follicles?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

Not to gross everyone out, but I had 3 mature follicles this month as a result of clomid (doctor gave me sizes but I'm new to this gig and promptly forgot). I read that each month a woman has 20% chance of getting pregnant. Does that change if it's more than one follicle? I triggered 2/6, BDd 2/6, 2/7, and morning of 2/8 (the day my RE said I'd O). This waiting is killing me!! 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kygoodsell89
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM

i dont know to be honest... but i would think so? 

lbrummett
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM
It does some.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Libby22
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Thanks for the replies.... The only info I can find online talks about the % increase of multiples. But my question is just about overall pregnancy.

mama2gg
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I THINK that its 5% per follie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Yes, more eggs released = higher chance of conception..........however not always do all mature follicles actually release during ovulation, sometimes only the most mature will release. You'd have to know if you hyperovulated to be sure.

Libby22
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I suppose there's no way to tell if I've hyperovulated lol. I think I need to come to terms with the fact that there's no magic way to speed up these two looooooooong weeks. Maybe a glass of wine would help.. Oh wait, can't do that either! Sigh.

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Yes, more eggs released = higher chance of conception..........however not always do all mature follicles actually release during ovulation, sometimes only the most mature will release. You'd have to know if you hyperovulated to be sure.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Well an u/s right after ovulation can tell how many eggs released but thats uncommon lol............all you can do is wait & see. GL hun!!! 

Quoting Libby22:

I suppose there's no way to tell if I've hyperovulated lol. I think I need to come to terms with the fact that there's no magic way to speed up these two looooooooong weeks. Maybe a glass of wine would help.. Oh wait, can't do that either! Sigh.

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Libby22
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Thank you so much! This forum is already helping me with the sanity. Might also help to go back to work tomorrow. Gotta stay busy!

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Well an u/s right after ovulation can tell how many eggs released but thats uncommon lol............all you can do is wait & see. GL hun!!! 

Quoting Libby22:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)