Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ttc for number two

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone, I've been trying for about 9 months for another baby.... No luck yet. Been under some fairly heavy stress the past few months but I'm definitely past that stress (work, worried about medical issue, but ok now). Can stress cause me to not conceive? Got pregnant on the first try with my two year old. Anyone had this happen to them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
j_shorty
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM
We are the sand I have been trying for 9 months still no luck and I'm starting to get depressed seeing that bfn I don't know what to do anymore.
tristahope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Yes stressing out can cause you not to conceive. There are lots of things that can cause you not to conceive. R your cycles regular? Do you ovulate on your own? 

Good Luck and Lots of Baby Dust! 

Mochatruffle
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I'm not sure if all the acronyms used on this site, what is bfn? I do know what you mean about getting depressed. :/ I'm trying to keep my hopes up though and not let my body be affected more by my emotions. All my friends are pregnant or having babies so it's frustrating. Do you have one already too?

Quoting j_shorty:

We are the sand I have been trying for 9 months still no luck and I'm starting to get depressed seeing that bfn I don't know what to do anymore.

Mochatruffle
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Yes my cycles are regular. I do believe it is the stress and I just became a teacher (MId school) so that added to it! Lol but everything's settling down now. We'll see what happens...

Quoting tristahope:

Yes stressing out can cause you not to conceive. There are lots of things that can cause you not to conceive. R your cycles regular? Do you ovulate on your own? 

j_shorty
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I'm not that too stressed but seeing bfn every month just hurts me. I'm regular too I have a cycle 30 days. Hoping valentines day makes my baby I'm going to try and relax about it who knows xx
Herlache
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Bfn big fat negative
Bfp big fat positive
tristahope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I deff know about the stressing out part. I believe I think about it to much too. I always doing research on the computer about things that might help me get a bfp and I haven't even beeing trying that long. Just a couple of months. But you know how it is when you want something really bad.  Congrats on the teaching job, and I am glad that things are settling down for you so that many be you want be so stressed out. Hope this next month will be your bfp. God Luck! 

baby dust

Quoting Mochatruffle:

Yes my cycles are regular. I do believe it is the stress and I just became a teacher (MId school) so that added to it! Lol but everything's settling down now. We'll see what happens...

Quoting tristahope:

comments

a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I also have a 2 year old however I have not been trying as long. We started in september of last year and had suffered a m/c the following month. Stress will make it a tougher process have your cycles still been going the same do you know if you are ovulating?

Proudmommy8388
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM

STRESS is a killer my dr tells me.. so maybe now that things have settled down this could be it! Good luck!

MamaBurmie
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I have a 21 month old and we conceived him within weeks of stopping my bc. We've been ttc for about 3-4 months with no luck. Good luck mama it will happen!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)