Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Whose SO's do this?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

Off topic, but I am curious.

My SO got really pissed off tonight when the firefox and internet explorer browsers stopped working all of a sudden tonight. Instead of just figuring out and fixing the problem, he decides to curse loudly at his computer, shut the lid (its a laptop), and text me that he is going to bed when I was just in the other room. I went in to the bedroom to give him a hug and kiss goodnight, and I find him slamming things down and throwing things here or there. He then has the audacity to be completely rude and mean and nasty and mean to me all because his computer started being stupid. Needless to say, he didnt get his hug and kiss tonight, because by then I was pissed off too.

I kind of wanna strangle the guy or just not talk to him until he realizes how stupid and mean he was being. Im reluctant to even sleep in our room tonight, because Im honestly sick of him taking things out on me just because some inanimate object really pisses him off, or when he is just plain frustrated for different, stupid little reasons. He does this every single time.

I really feel like just staying away from home for a few days,  but I dont have anywhere where I could stay, so I am stuck here. We were supposed to BD tonight, but his stupid tantrum ruined that prospect.

I want to know... does anybody else's SO do this kind of thing? And how do you deal with it or suggest I deal with it? Because Im almost to the point of leaving for longer than just a few days (a week or two at most) to let him sit in his own stew of tantrums and conniption fits. Sorry, this is off topic and long, but I REALLY needed to vent.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mami9207
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Not mine. But it sounds like he's got anger problems!! Be careful with him especially being around him while he's angry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
20Keller12
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Sometimes mine does, but he's bipolar so it's not his fault, his meds are $400 a bottle. And it's gotten better since he scared the shit out of himself. Grabbed me by the arm meaning to move me out of his way and ended up throwing me across the room (thankfully onto his bed). When he came over to the bed and I cowered in the corner he was furious with himself. Hasn't happened since.
Emptyfeeling
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM

The funny thing is that Im the bipolar one, and Im off meds ! And I still can manage to not act like he does. Its never turned physical but with some of the things he says I get tempted to leave sometimes. At least for a few days.

Quoting 20Keller12:

Sometimes mine does, but he's bipolar so it's not his fault, his meds are $400 a bottle. And it's gotten better since he scared the shit out of himself. Grabbed me by the arm meaning to move me out of his way and ended up throwing me across the room (thankfully onto his bed). When he came over to the bed and I cowered in the corner he was furious with himself. Hasn't happened since.

Emptyfeeling
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I will be the first to admit that we both got anger problems (and Ive also been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, which I am managing without medication), but I always manage to not act like he does. I am just quick to anger, but I dont take it out on others like he does. Its never turned physical, he is always just mean and nasty with his words. And Im getting tired of it

Quoting Mami9207:

Not mine. But it sounds like he's got anger problems!! Be careful with him especially being around him while he's angry.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM
My husband thankfully doesn't. I've slammed my lid before because it kept freezing and say POS lol but that's as far as I go with it.
Mami9207
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM
No one deserves to be treated that way! You may want to re-evaluate your relationship with him to see if it's even worth putting up with.

Quoting Emptyfeeling:

I will be the first to admit that we both got anger problems (and Ive also been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, which I am managing without medication), but I always manage to not act like he does. I am just quick to anger, but I dont take it out on others like he does. Its never turned physical, he is always just mean and nasty with his words. And Im getting tired of it

Quoting Mami9207:

Emptyfeeling
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I have re-evaluated the relationship many times already, and every time the good parts outweigh the bad. Also, I don't believe in divorce unless there is abuse or adultery in the relationship. The minute any of that occurs, I plan to high-tail it.

Quoting Mami9207:

No one deserves to be treated that way! You may want to re-evaluate your relationship with him to see if it's even worth putting up with.

Quoting Emptyfeeling:

Quoting Mami9207:

Mom2five87
by Jen on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My DH does have a tendency to cuss and get mad when things go wrong or whatever... but he doesn't take it out on me or act mean towards me... he just cusses at whatever it is that is making him mad. lol

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My DH will cuss at inanimate objects that don't do what he wants. But he never takes his frustration out on me.

Sorry, but I think behavior like this is verbal abuse.  There is never an excuse for being mean & nasty to someone you love.  I would suggest finding a counselor to get a third party, neutral opinion on everything.

Mami9207
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Verbal is a sign of abuse.

Quoting Emptyfeeling:

I have re-evaluated the relationship many times already, and every time the good parts outweigh the bad. Also, I don't believe in divorce unless there is abuse or adultery in the relationship. The minute any of that occurs, I plan to high-tail it.

Quoting Mami9207:

Quoting Emptyfeeling:

Quoting Mami9207:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)