Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Docs appointment tomorrow and a question bout Prenatal Vitiams

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

Heyy ladies,

i got my doctors appointment with my primary doctor tomorrow, to make sure the meds I'm already on won't effect the baby. Tomorrow i will be 5weeks and 2days. (I'm going by lmp to estimate due date and got Oct 13, 2013.) That'show i got the 5weeks and 2days. A website Caulated it for me. Also gonna ask him if he can recommend any good doctors for baby. As, i've been told most of those doctors won't see you til bout 8weeks. I'm really excited and so is my boyfriend. I started taking Similac Prenatal Vitiams the day after i found out. It came in a pack of two different pills. I got them at wal-mart. Has anyone used this kind? My boyfriend had it in his head since they were more expensive that they were better. lol Any info or input on these Similac Prenatal Vitiams would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

-Mercedes (:

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Due9
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Similac is a good brand and I assume the vitamins are good, also. Although, most prenatals are pretty much the same thing..brand name or not.

Adamswifey_xo
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Thanks for reply! Thats good to know. I thought that.. well thats what i've been told anyways. My boyfriend is just excited cuz this is both of our first and he wants everything to go right. You know how guys are.. Most think the expensive is better. lol (: 

Quoting Due9:

Similac is a good brand and I assume the vitamins are good, also. Although, most prenatals are pretty much the same thing..brand name or not.

Due9
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I personally recommend the Target brand prenatals. For some reason, these have always been my "go to" vitamins. I think I like the way they are coated and aren't as hard to swallow. They are also easy on my tummy. Though, most prenatals are pretty much the same, I think some may have more iron in them than others..but these Target prenatals have just the right dose of iron and don't leave my tummy aching. You can also buy one bottle and it will last the ENTIRE pregnancy :)

Quoting Adamswifey_xo:

Thanks for reply! Thats good to know. I thought that.. well thats what i've been told anyways. My boyfriend is just excited cuz this is both of our first and he wants everything to go right. You know how guys are.. Most think the expensive is better. lol (: 

Quoting Due9:

juggling

nicole2884
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM

im taking one a day with dha , an they are more expensive i compared them to the nature made with dha an they are actually better have more vitamins in them an more omega 3 so it is worth the extra cost to me

i would recomend a prenatal with dha for sure, my doctor seemed fine with my choice said there was really no reason for a prescription one unless i wanted it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured