Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OPK must read and help me please..!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi y'all,

I am 29 years old and i am blessed with a healthy,smart girl who is now 5 years. Well i am again planning to become a mommy and have a complete family  so i wish you to have a baby boy now (fingers crossed :) . To make it clear mine is a 28 cycle and as today is my day 11 i got this clearblue digital OPK kit and checked but it showed me a negative result :( .

Well now my question is

1. Do i need to check again today in the evening(feb.12th) or again tomorrow(feb.13th) the same time? .

2. suppose if  i get a positive result on tomorrow(feb.13th)  what should i do?

3.From When i should start making love?

(some say the after your ovulate result say +ve and some say before it says +ve u must do so i am confused can someone explain me in detail plzzz.)

4.how many days should i make love to conceive a boy?

5. When should i stop?

Please help me ladies if u can.

Thanks.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wantthatbaby46
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM

This is going to be my first time REALLY using opks.  I'm going to try this cycle 3 times a day just to see if I only "surge" for a short period of time as some women do.  That way, if I don't catch the egg this cycle, I can know what time of day will be best for me to test next cycle.   Some ladies can get positives several days in a row and some can only get a positive at one point in the day for one day. So...good luck to us! lol  As far as when to start bd'ing...bd the same day you get the positive result and again for the next two days...take a break if your body is tired for one day and then one last time. I read that somewhere, so that's what I'm going to try to do if I can.  Otherwise, bd every other day...even if you don't get a positive result as you could still O without getting a positive on an opk.  when to stop....erm...hopefully someone else can answer that question because I have no idea lol

4ever_a_memory
by Casey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM

It is recommended you use an opk test 2 times a day to better your chances of seeing the positive (do not use first morning urine thou).You will ovulate 12-36 hours after the LH surge (positive appears) sperm can live up to 5 days but is not common so it is recommended to Bd every other day leading up to the positive and then for 3 days following getting the positive skip one day and then bd one more time for good luck. As far as best days to conceive a boy I personally dont buy into that I feel (you get what you get)so maybe someone else can help with that part.

iamamom131
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM

thanks to you both and anyother suggestions plz.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN