Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Should I be concerned?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm really writing down all my information each month and I'm noticing that I really am getting a fairly typical O date of either cd 16 or 17.  Is that considered a delayed Ovulation and if so, is a call to the OB in order? WHat would he do about it? Or is that just "me" and some women are just like that. 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tomcatgirl
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM

*bump*

4ever_a_memory
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM

How many days long is your cycle?

Mama_Dolly
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Wel if your cycle is 30/31 days no that isnt deleyed :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyofone123
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I have really irregular cycles and have to take clomid to make me ovulate. But even with the clomid I still don't ovulate until cycle day 16-17. As long as after you ovulate it's around 14 days until your period starts then you're good. If you know you ovulate day 16 and then you keep getting your period only like 7-10 days after ovulation that could be a problem because you have a really short luteal phase. It's actaully the time between ovulation and your next period that is more important then the time between your period and ovulation :)

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM
From what I know it's only important to have at least 11-12 days from O date to AF. You want a long enough Luteal phase to build up enough lining for the egg to implant.
Tomcatgirl
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Quoting 4ever_a_memory:

How many days long is your cycle?

about 33 days normally but it can be up to 45

xtriciax
by tricia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM

if your cycle is 33 then its not delayed cd14 for O is for a typical 28 day cycle. if you have a longer cycle then you O later.

4ever_a_memory
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM
This

Quoting xtriciax:

if your cycle is 33 then its not delayed cd14 for O is for a typical 28 day cycle. if you have a longer cycle then you O later.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)