Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

So upset........but grateful for DH

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 11 Replies

So i was in the bedroom watching tv last night. DH was watching a show on Netflix in the livingroom. Its not a common thing, but I wasnt nuts bout the show hes watching.

I get a text...from a former close friend.

Little backstory:This friend sprung her "im pregnant" on me just before christmas. We used to be close, but when I got with DH...she felt she had to compete. She got a boyfriend, then engaged, then half moved in with him....and NOW she is pregnant.  I got married last summer. We have been TTC since.

She KNOWS how hard it is for me to not be pregnant. Shes NOT suppose to be pregnant.  Her Doctors were adament she shouldnt, because her diabetes is very UNcontrolled. She also has other health issues 

So fine..shes pregnant. Ive shut myself off from her, because I just dont want to deal with it.  I heard from a mutual friend, shes very high risk...and takes up to 7 shots a day.  I do hope the baby makes it...and my friends health isnt compromised.

So I get this text last night. Mind you, AF just started yesterday. So I'm miserable, and weepy...tired and frustrated.  She said "Just wanted to say hi, and let you know Im having a boy".

Girls, I lost it.  I broke down bawling.  DH sensed something wasnt right, and came into the bedroom.  I told him...He crawled into bed, wrapped his arms around me and just held me.  I have to say, I was so grateful for him.  He said he loves me..no matter what. If we are not blessed with a child, it wont ever change. He says ive got so much more than my friend.  She doesnt have a husband or anyone that loves her that much....thats why she felt the need to get pregnant(her and the babys father arent together, she dumped him after she got pregnant).

So this morning, im awake.....Still a little sad, but more just grateful to feel so loved by this man. 

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kygoodsell89
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

<3  i know its hard, but remember you have ALL of us here too! 
im glad you have such a good support with DH, you really need that when TTC.  

over40bride
by Tracy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. That must be so hard. I'm glad you have your wonderful hubby and he is right. You have so much more! <3

true-love-21
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM

def be grateful for your man sticking by your side girl. How long have you been trying?

courtAKAmommy
by Courtney on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
So sorry for your hurt but congrats on having a wonderful Hubby.
Wright77
by Shelley on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Awww I know how you feel :( I went through this last night and my DH did the same thing . My best friend is also pregnant about 7 weeks I believe after 1 cycle of trying . I have been through a m/c and 9 months of TTC . She is going on 25 and still lives at home with no responsibilities and a part time BF . I'm glad our DH's are so supportive some women aren't as lucky .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Weve been tryin for 7-8 months.  May not seem like much, but im 35, and considered high risk. hes 50..and age makes things tougher.

I start Femara tomorrow.  My Dr changed my dosage. Still 2.5mg, but instead of 1,2,3,4 on CD3,4,5,6.....Hes having me take 2 pills a day for 5 days. 

I dont know why...Maybe seeing if i can get mature follicles sooner for trigger and iui ....or what.  Ive tried to see why, but I guess they want to see if it'll work differently.

So the 25th i'll go in(cd13) for follicle ultrasound and take it from there for hopefully my first IUI

alteschulemom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:31 PM

((HUGS!!))  I know this feeling well!  Good luck to you!  Hopefully the femara and such will work out for you.  I know it's tough especially when you hear about some one who really shouldn't conceive and has done so any way.  I have had to shut a few people out of my life for this reason.  It's easier said than done but some times it's the best thing to do.

maybebaby152
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Hi ,

aww, reading your post brought tears to my eyes! I completely understand what you are going through as I am in a very similar situation, I feel lonely and lost, all my cousins and most of my friends have babies, almost 2 or even 3! Thank goodness for my wonderful husband who makes me feel like his queen! 

The best thing is to remember that we are blessed with good health and we have supportive partners who love us very much! Don't feel bad.

Eshadowgirl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Thanks ladies! The support is wonderful. I dont have many friends .......So coming here gives me the TTC support I need.

DH is amazing. Hes a good husband and partner. He gets his hopes up, and feels sad when I do about all this. His focus on making sure I'm okay whether we have a child or not......and I know I will be.  Just not ready to give up.  We WILL have our child.....:)

Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I'm happy your dh is so understanding! I just hope your former close friend takes better care of the baby then she does herself I'm sorry there are people like that! Your better off with out here. ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)