Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT how did you and SO choose....

You wedding "stuff" like location and date? And after he popped the question when did you start discussing the wedding? Thanks ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
Rachelz123
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:35 AM
We started talking about it right away. I think we had the date pretty much set about a week after we got engaged. The we looked at a couple o places for our reception maybe a month later. We got married almost a year and a half after we for engaged. I was very anal and very organized with planning my wedding.
courtAKAmommy
by Courtney on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM
We were dating 5 months when he poped the question in June and married 4 months later. I wanted a Fall wedding and neither one of us wanted a long engagment. He didn't do much with the planning. Said all he wanted to do was marry me, everything else was for me. But I did make him pick things like the song he danced with his mom to and his tux. I think I.ended up picking the groomsmen tuxedos. Honestly my family did a lot of the planning. They are a little pushy Haha but either way I married the man of my dreams 6 years ago and couldn't be happier. Sorry for typos smart phone isn't all that smart.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM

We both love Halloween so that's how we picked the date. Plus it's 2 weeks after his bday so he'd have no excuse for forgetting lol. I found our venue on theknot.com. It's a historical house and we just loved it. They did everything: food, most of the decorating, wedding, reception. I loved that it was all at one place since some of our guests were from out of state and I didn't want them to get lost.

mrsallen3912
by Shay on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM

We didnt want alot of "hoopla" so we got hitched at the courthouse, and six months later we had a reception.

I chose the date because my mother passed in March, so I wanted to have something good come out of that month, and not always dread it and feel awful. (It worked!)

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM

The date kinda depends on the location... We both fell in love with this gorgeous hotel that we passed everytime we walked our pug. They were completely booked solid for the year, but had a cancellation for the perfect date... September 1! It was such an awesome wedding :) Good luck with your planning!!

We actually started discussing the wedding before the engagement lol

ToughLilMan1208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Basically thats what he said, you tell me when and where and i'll show up. We had a cheap wedding, my dress was $300, his mom bought him a suit, and we told everyone else to wear blue, didnt matter the shade. My sister was my maid of honor, 8 months pregnant and barely slipped in to her prom dress, and I had no friends, so my SIL and her daughter, stepped in as brides maids, my at the time only friends son was ring bearer and my niece was flower girl. Mainly family and anyone who wanted free food showed up.

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Absolutely! But now that all of those dates are gone what's a girl to do lol did your hubby leave it all up to you? Were you just supposed to pick the time and place then tell him to show up? I'm just wondering because I know my SO wants to marry me but when I talk wedding its almost like he gets uncomfortable

Quoting ToughLilMan1208:

I chose the date..we married on 07/07/07. A date he will never 4get.

waitingmommy12
by Eva on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Dh proposed August 2011. It was the perfect proposal. We live in Alaska and it rains about 70% of the time and the weather is bipolor. So it was a nice sunny day and we were out for an afternoon stroll, and while we were walking in a garden the rains came down it was perfect the rain was somewhat warm since it was still sunny so we just danced around and jumped in puddles then he grabbed my hands kneeled down and proposed so unexpectedly! We picked our date about 2 months later. We decided on April 7th since that was the date we began dating. And lets face it I have been planning my wedding since I was 5 lol. I knew I wanted a traditional wedding the first thing I chose was the theme and colors so I chose a victorian theme and our colors were black and white and red. Dh kinda just agreed on everything he said he would put his 2 cents in where he had an opinion but that a ceromony was for the bride to plan cuz every man just wants to see his wife happy. so everytime i'd suggest something he would agree. However, he got to choose the mens tuxs. ( i'll admit I was there pushing decisions) he in the end picked great ones! We both grew up in the same church and that is actually how we met attending congresses and camps since we lived in seperate towns. He moved here and we knew even without saying that it was going to be at our church. I would have loved an outdoor wedding but the weather is too unreliable, although the sun did shine bright that day :) i didnt start fully planning until 3-4 months before the wedding. but I did actually buy a few things prior. Like table runners, table accent decor, and a few odds and ends dress of course was bought early, my daddy took me out and bought me the one I wanted. The meal was actually picked out by my parents 2weeks before the wedding lol. We did have to book the photographer 6 months in advance. Our reception was right next door at a center. Im a crafty person so I made alot of things even my flower girls dresses, pinterest has alot of easy diy ideas. We didnt set a budget really but I think our whole thing cost about 3,000 maybe less our families helped I think my husband and I only spent about 200. orientaltrading.com had alot of cute decorations and things and is fairly cheep and ebay is where we ordered our table runners and chair covers plus a few little decorations. The best man was a chef so he baked our cake an I decorated it. If you want I can post some pictures?

Kennadismom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
4 years later we started talking details and based the date and location on the best deal :)
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I had the wedding planned before he popped the question LOL, we were together for 4 yrs before we got married because life was so crazy it never felt like the RIGHT time.........well finally he popped the question & then 5 wks later I found out I was pregnant w/ #2 so everything changed lol, my elegant wedding I had planned didn't sound so good anymore if I was 8m pregnant so things changed & we went with a little sooner & WAY simplier outdoor wedding where I could be in a comfortable more lose fitting dress lol. It was PERFECT!

Herlache
by Jessie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM
My mil pretty much took over everything I got to pick my dress thankfully and my color purple but she did everything else dh is an only child and begged me to just let her so I shut my mouth but we have been happily married 9 years so.... Gl
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured