Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OT how did you and SO choose....

You wedding "stuff" like location and date? And after he popped the question when did you start discussing the wedding? Thanks ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Replies (21-21):
HappyMrsP
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM

We bought our house in August 2011 and he proposed like 2 weeks later. At that point we knew it wasn't going to be a huge ordeal because all of our extra money was going into fixing-up and personalizing the house. We decided to get married at our church, since we are regular attenders they didn't charge us. Of course we gave a donation but then we had the reception at our house, since that's where all our money went and we were in LOVE with our new home it just made sense to us. We have a chef friend who made all our food and I made the bouquets and boutineers. Amazon, ebay & micheals were my wedding go-to places for decor. As far as clothing, the guys got their suits at EZsuits.com for $80 each and my husbands was $110. I had 2 dresses, one was $90 and the other was $70 and my girls dresses varied, they ranged from $50-120, they got to choose any black lacey style. All of us ladies got our dresses from Unique-Vintage.com. I wanted a cute black/white/red 40's style wedding and he just ran with it. lol. We had a total of 42 people there and I wouldn't have changed a thing! We chose the get married the following September because we work in the same resort and that is our slow season so we were able to take a couple weeks off, and besides that Costa Rica vacations are also cheaper that time of year. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN