Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Which are you planning to go with?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Which are you going with??

Options:

Cloth Diapers

Disposable Diapers

Other (because theres always an other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Are any of you ladies planning on cloth diapering your LO's after you conceive?? Or are you planning to stick with disposals? I have decided to brave it and cloth diaper with our next for sure lol... All of my friends think I'm crazy but I actually think it's not so bad. Ive done my research and I'm planning on going with the AIO's (all in ones).

From what Ive researched AIO's are an easier transition from disposable to cloth. Ive decided to do it this time around because I hate being wasteful and I feel like it will be better on baby's skin and they are pretty darn cute lol.. So I'm hoping it wont be as difficult as I once thought it was.

Here's a few from a daddy that actually makes them and they are soo stinkin cute!!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4ever_a_memory
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I did cloth for my daughter for 6 months and then we moved overseas and it was just easier to do disposable and then she outgrew the ones I had. I will do cloth again cause I still have them from my daughter I use pockets.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Rachel on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
We use pocket diapers. When #4 comes in May s/he will be our 2nd cd baby.
Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

How do you both like it? Is it as bad as you thought it would be or do you get used to it pretty quickly?

RMK510
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Did cloth for some time with my second son but next time around will be staying with disposable.
Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Quoting RMK510:

Did cloth for some time with my second son but next time around will be staying with disposable.

What didn't you like about it?? Was it really difficult?? Im looking for opinions on both sides.

RMK510
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Honestly I found it to time consuming. I have two sons in sports and activities and for us it just didn't work. However I do know a friend who likes them and it worked for her so I think it just depends on each person.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting RMK510:

What didn't you like about it?? Was it really difficult?? Im looking for opinions on both sides.

summerbear
by Rachel on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I never thought it would be "bad" at all. We did get a sprayer that attaches to the toilet so we could spray out the poop first.

My son used to get horrible rashes. We switched because nothing was working. He has been rash free for over a year!

Plus, the diapers are so freaking cute! I love it and am looking forward to cloth diapering from day one with this baby.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

How do you both like it? Is it as bad as you thought it would be or do you get used to it pretty quickly?

4ever_a_memory
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM
No the only issue this go around is German washers and dryer take forever the shortest wash cycle on my washer is a little over an hour long.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

We will be using disposable when that time comes but I am going to use the chlorine free ones.

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:47 AM
I love the cuteness and variety with Cloth Diapers. I've discussed with DH and he loves them too. When Baby #1 comes, we'll be combining CD and Disposables for when we're out or something like that where CD might be difficult. That's DH's idea, combining I mean and I completely buy itt at least till we get used to CD. I don't have a BFP yet but I already joined a Cloth Diapering Group here on Cafe Mom its called Cuties with Cloth Booties. Am learning good stuff there in preparation for when my time comes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)