Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I got my first u/s **update**

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

Update: I had to go to the er last night because of bad cramping and sharp pains in my lower stomach they did blood urine pap and u/s. Yesterday I was 8w5d well the baby measured 8w6d and a hb of 180 :) so happy my lil bean is ok. They said they couldnt find no reason I was cramping except baby strecthing and growing or baby pinching a nerve :) so excited go on the 15th for a regular u/s!!!

I got my first u/s yesterday. Im 6w5d and they couldn't see much at all :(.all they could see was the sac. All they do as an abdominal. But she said the sac was good abd closed and it was high in my uterus and that the sac neasured 5w4d bout we will know more at the next . She said she could see what looked like the start of the baby but wasnt sure so I got back on march 15 and ill be 9-10 weeks so we will definitely see my little bean then :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this
So the sac is measuring a week behind and they aren't concerned?? At 6w5d there should certainly be fetal pole and heart beat, even at 5w6d there should be fetal pole yolk sac and possibly heart beat. I'd call your doc and ask to go back sooner. I don't want to scare you but that doesn't seem right :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytryinnum4
by Tiffany on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM
It wasnt a doc it was a care clinic and it was just an abdominal they dont do vaginal there
Mommy4Clara
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
It's strange you aren't seeing your doc sooner. I had a vaginal u/s at 6 weeks 1 day and saw a baby and a heartbeat (heard it too). Maybe call your OB and explain the sac measured small, see if you can come in for vaginal u.s.
I'm glad though that you saw something. :)

Quoting mommytryinnum4:

It wasnt a doc it was a care clinic and it was just an abdominal they dont do vaginal there

mommy2585
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Is it possible that you are not as far along as you thought? My very first u/s with my very first pregnancy was a vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks, and all they could see was the sac. They told me that it might be a blighted ovum. A week later the little bean and heartbeat were visible. 

I'm so confused about when to schedule my first prenatal visit for this pregnancy, because I want to see the heartbeat on the u/s when we go. 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Congrats, sounds perfect!!!

mommytryinnum4
by Tiffany on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
They are thinking im not as far along as we think but she said that she thinks she saw what was the start of the baby and she shiwed me it was like a littke curved line but she said nothibg ti worry about :)
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Maybe you're not as far along as you thought. They thought I was around 9 wks due to my period, but I don't ovulate near a period so it turned out I was only 4 wks 5 days when they did the u/s.

Also, sometimes they can't see the fetal pole yet at 5 or 6 wks. I was two days before 5 wks and they just saw the little yolk :)

jackieb2811
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I agree with others I would go with what they say you are measuring because at 6w5d you would for sure see more and there would be a heartbeat.

When I m/c I had a vaginal and abdominal at 5w5d and there was a yolk sac but it never attached to the uterine wall so I m/c but this pregnancy I went in at 5w6 and again it was a yolk sac and the start of the embryo and 2weeks later when I went back we seen the heartbeat and fetal pole and I was measuring 8w1d but from lmp I was 7w4 so dates and size and growth do change! I hope everything turns out well!!! Congrats!

mama2gg
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Sounds like your not as far along as you think you are unless you tracked temps with bbt ultrasounds are way closer to real dating then lmp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM
There is nooo need to worry there Is NO WAY to know how far along she is lmp is not a good way to tell she very well may have and more then likely just oed later than she thought she did OR egg tool a few more days to travel to get to uterus sooo many things lol early us is the best dating on gestational age there is

Also at 5w6d there is most deff NOT always a baby and hb I had one done at the same dating and NOTHING next day baby and hb I'm 33 weeks

Quoting mommy2casidee:

So the sac is measuring a week behind and they aren't concerned?? At 6w5d there should certainly be fetal pole and heart beat, even at 5w6d there should be fetal pole yolk sac and possibly heart beat. I'd call your doc and ask to go back sooner. I don't want to scare you but that doesn't seem right :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)