Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

INFO: Pregnancy Tea Herbs

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM
  • 2 Replies
2 moms liked this

I had some of you ladies ask what pregnancy tea was and what it consists off. I am sure you could purchase it online, or you can make up your own. Always speak with your Dr or Midwife before starting a herbal supplement!

My tea consists of and have these benefits:

Red Raspberry Leaf:

-contains calcium and iron

-the best known, most widely used, and safest of all uterine/pregnancy tonic herbs

-strengthens and tones the muscles of the pelvic region

-prevents miscarriage and hemorrhage

-eases morning sickness

-reduces pain during labor and after birth

-encourages safe and speedy parturition

Nettles

-nourishes and strengthens the kidneys

-eases leg cramps

-contains organice iron, chlorophyll, and Vitamin C

-high in calcium, which helps to diminist pain during and after birth

-prevents postpartym hemorrhage (high in vit K and increases available hemoglobin)

-reduces hemorrhoids

-increases richness and amount of breast milk

Oatstraw

-strengthens capillaries (good for varicosities)

-high in calcium

-prevents urinary tract infections

-calming

-acts as a digestive aid

Alfalfa

-increases available Vit.K important to clotting mechanism

-increases available hemoglobin

-nourishes and strengthens

-increases breastmilk production

Red Clover

-increases the effectiveness of the red raspberry

-prevents yeast infections

-nourishes, calming, mild sedative effect

Other herbs not included in my tea but that add either flavor or added benefits!

DANDELION is a liver tonic. It aids digestion and waste elimination, decreases edema (as does Nettle) and is very high in calcium and other substances that promote bone strength.  Nettle and Dandelion are especially good to prevent or treat anemia.

WILD OATS, LEMON BALM, CHAMOMILE, and LAVENDER are highly nourishing and calming to the nervous system.

SPEARMINT and CINNAMON add flavor and aid digestion.  Mint is very high in calcium and magnesium.  ROSE HIPS add flavor and Vitamin C

STEVIA is a plant that is 200 times sweeter than sugar and has almost no calories.  A very small amount is all that is needed.  Stevia comes in several forms; add 2-3 small pinches of powdered leaf to a quart of tea as it is infusing or add 1 drop of liquid extract per cup of prepared tea.

Ginger root is another herb useful in relieving morning sickness and problems related to digestion. It is also said to be beneficial in treating sore throats, congestion and cold during pregnancy.

Blue Cohosh contains powerful qualities for reducing child birth pains and aiding in a quick and painless delivery. An herb used widely by Native Americans, it is also popular for treating menstrual cramps. Because of its emmenagogue properties (inducing or hastening menstrual flow), blue cohosh should not be used until the last month of pregnancy.

Catnip Leaf (Nepata cataria)

Most people think of catnip as the herb so many felines enjoy batting around in little balls, but catnip is also helpful for alleviating nervous energy and calming pent-up emotions. Its sedative qualities can also ease insomnia, birth anxiety, and nausea.

Cramp Bark (Viburnum opulis Caprifeliaceae)

Most commonly used as an abortive inhibitor, cramp bark is safe to take during all stages of pregnancy. It is considered one of the best female regulators of the herb world, according to www.allnatural.net's "Encyclopedia of Herbs." It also is very effective in preventing hemorrhaging. Cramp bark is a uterine sedative, making it useful in treating cramps, afterbirth, and postpartum pain.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Sounds cool. I drank ginger tea to help ease my queesy belly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Readyforbaby101
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I've been buying fertilitea from amazon. It has red raspberry, nettles, green tea, vitex, and ladies mantel. I have pcos and so far I've definitely been ovulating more regularly since drinking it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN