Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

home test??

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 20 Replies

HI! I was wondering has anyone tried the pine sol or bleach home preggo tests?! 

And yes, i've read all different comments on it from different places and yes i know the dangers of the fumes bla bla bla... So please don't comment unless youve tried it :) Thanks!!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momto3_89
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have tried it....it fizzed and I got my BFP on a walmart test and a wondfo test today 

ToughLilMan1208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I tried the tylenol/peroxide one, but not the bleach one due to fumes, we dont by pinesol anymore, my parents say the smell lingers..o'well lol. The peroxide one said bfn, and I wasnt preggo, so i guess it worked. How does the bleach one go again, I might try it this go round and see what comes out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momto3_89
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM

you pee in a cup...then dump like a capful of bleach into your urine...if it fizzes you are preggo if it barely fizzes or doesn't fizz at all...you're not pregnant :)

Quoting ToughLilMan1208:

I tried the tylenol/peroxide one, but not the bleach one due to fumes, we dont by pinesol anymore, my parents say the smell lingers..o'well lol. The peroxide one said bfn, and I wasnt preggo, so i guess it worked. How does the bleach one go again, I might try it this go round and see what comes out.

soon2bemama2008
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM
What is the pine sol test? Can it be any pine sol?
soon2bemama2008
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM
What is the pine sol test? Can it be any pine sol?
ToughLilMan1208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Wasnt sure the ratio, thanks. Funny thing is I just flipped through a few posts about this..lol I will try it this cycle, probably 8 days from now.

Quoting Momto3_89:

you pee in a cup...then dump like a capful of bleach into your urine...if it fizzes you are preggo if it barely fizzes or doesn't fizz at all...you're not pregnant :)

Quoting ToughLilMan1208:

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I did the bleach test last cycle, it was still like water and of course it later turned out I wasn't preggo. This topic is actually being discussed and investigated kind of in another Post here. titled Interesting Tidbits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nateslovey
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Getting ready to try the bleach test!
ToughLilMan1208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Let us know, what happens.

Quoting nateslovey:

nateslovey
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
It just changed color... No fizz, no bubbles... Nothing! :(

Quoting ToughLilMan1208:

Let us know, what happens.

Quoting nateslovey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN